60A or 16A - commercial dishwasher

I just made a rather rash ebay purchase on a commercial dishwasher. When i picked it up the guy said it was hard wired into a 60A supply.

From what I've googled these units seem to be rated at around 16A (Model Newscan Lambar).

I'm no expert but the cable out the back certainly doesn't look as if its for 60A, it looks roughly the same thickness and core thickness as a cooker cable.

I'll get an electrician to take a look and wire it in but if it is 60A i certainly won't have enough power for it. (I do have some spare 20A radials on 10mm cable).

Anyone got any experience with these? Does it really take 60A?

Reply to
mcmook

The last one I looked at was a 16A three phase supply. It was something like 13kw. It would do a wash in 90 seconds. It was no bigger than my Hotpoint one. Be aware that they don't always have detergent/rinse aid dispensers and you may need to add one in a nearby cupboard.

Reply to
dennis

There should be a rating plate on the back of it.

As you say, most seem to use 13-20A supply eg

one uses 25A

Owain