Dishwasher Rinse Agent Or Drying Agent ?

Hello,

Just got a new Dishwasher. Came with a small botle of Jet Dry; the Rinse liquid.

Saw in the store today, that Jet Dry also has a bottle of Drying Liquid. This bottle also says that a Rinse Agent is not needed with it.

Sure is confusing.

Which do I want to put into my machine's rinse dispenser ? Why ?

What are the differences between the two ? What do you folks use ?

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Robert11

The drying liquid is for when you don't use the powered dry cycle on your machine to save energy. Never tried it so I don't know how well it works.

I use the regular Jet Dry and the sani-cycle and everything comes out perfect with glassware that sparkles. I see no reason to try anything else.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Just use Cascade Complete All In One Pacs...Just pop one in the detergent dispenser and hit start...Works GREAT....

Reply to
benick

Find out from the manufacturer if their product is made to work with soft or hard water (and you have to know what kind of water you have). I made the mistake of filling the dispenser with a free sample that came with the new dishwasher. I forget the brand and product name. Everything looked awful, very cloudy and streaks. I called the manufacture to complain and they told me I should only use that product with soft water. I don't understand why they didn't simply label their products "for hard water" and "for soft water"? Took me forever to get that crap out of the dispenser.

Reply to
Tony