Subject Author Posted Replies

Slow superglue
Is there such a thing? I'm repairing a badly broken china vase, but the Loctite superglue I have goes off so quickly I'm having difficulty getting the pieces into place before it sets. I could do with...
24
24

Smart meters again -Eon
I have had SM's now for several years, working off and on, as I changed supplier and they have stopped being Smart, needing to be swapped out so they will be Smart again. I moved to Eon 12 months ago,...
39
39

Fridge Door Seal demagnetised
Our Neff refrigerator must be 20 years old or more. It is full height, fitted into a standard 600mm kitchen unit. The model number is K4664X1GB/01 The magnetic grip of the door has gradually weakened...
16
16

OT: Bios display freezes after mem check
For about a week now, my PC seems to stop during powerup when showing the bios stuff and Immediately after showing the amount of memory and MEM OK message. Mostly it just waits, but if I press ESC it...
15
15

ladder cripples
Thought these were outlawed? neighbours have got a firm in changing soffits/fascias and they're using them, instead of scaffold towers
13
13

Google Chrome has just changed
Is it me of is it general? It now displays my photo, and is no so easy to navigate, how, if I can, do i get the old one back?
16
16

SDD upgrade, clone or fresh install?
Peeps, Following on from the Digital Audio Workstation / laptop question previously, we have since found a s/h i5 HP Notebook that seems to run Reason 11 ok. It came with a 750GB hdd that I'd like to...
18
18

BT Internet
I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do a speed check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc) which I do not have. How can I overcome this? their help system...
11
11

Power supplier wants to fit smart meters?
I've just changed Power supplier to E-0n and they want to fit smart meters. At the time of change I apparently agreed to smart meters to be supplied, but I never noticed it. I've followed the...
39
39

Re: cannon coalridge bf gas fire
Hi Sparkydoo, I've just seen your request for the Installers Instructions. Should you be lucky and get a copy, could you please forward me a copy? Many thanks Tony T.

Battery for WorkZone 3.6V cordless screwdriver?
My WorkZone screwdriver has been left unused for about a year and now has no battery power. The charger still makes the led glow, but charging for a long time doesn't result in any charge. I assume...
3
3

LED house number
Years ago I made an illuminated house number. I soldered hundreds of little LEDs across busbars. I might have posted pictures here at the time. Anyway I decided I want an illuminated number on the new...
44
44

angle grinder with chainsaw blade
I dare say several here have watched a few Stumpy Nubs videos on youtube, maybe even some of his safety videos for e.g. table saw kickback? Well, he had a lucky escape with a chainsaw blade in an...
8
8

Rooting a phone
I've had a Galaxy Note 4 for many years and am still happy with it, except that something is making it run s l o o w l y. I plan to make a note of everything I use and then nuke it back to factory...
18
18

Dell Support Assist Bios update
Just had a message come up on my laptop (Dell Latitude E6230) purporting to come from Dell Support Assist offering me a Bios update, tagged 'urgent'. Anyone any idea if this is genuine, or a cunning...
10
10