angle grinder with chainsaw blade

I dare say several here have watched a few Stumpy Nubs videos on youtube, maybe even some of his safety videos for e.g. table saw kickback?

Well, he had a lucky escape with a chainsaw blade in an angle grinder

Andy Burns

Those things look nasty, eh? I have one on my Xmas present list. Effective, but one has to be ever so careful!

Bill.

Reply to
bill.shitner

Yikes. Seems amazingly composed to make that vid.

I'd be an alcoholic wreak if I did something like that.

Or Kenny Everett ...

Adrian Caspersz

Thx, I bought one of these dreadful stuff recently; going out to scrap immediately

Reply to
gopalansampath

Ouch :(. I can't help but think a chainsaw uses just the same type of blade. I make quite sure I don't stand inline with a chainsaw blade! But still not really a friendly tool.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Difficult to get very far from the blade when you're holding one, but they are fitted with a "chaincatcher" never seen footage of them in operation though ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I had to buy one in the spring, when a tree came crashing down. It has a 'trip bar' just in front of the main handle. If the saw flicks up in use, your wrist hits the trip, which brakes and stops the blade almost instantly.

A bit intimidating to use at first, but I soon got used to it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Yes, anything modern will have the brake, but if the chain splits there's not much that can do, the chaincatcher is supposed to come into play then, but it just seems like a small metal bracket on mine.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Does he have a death wish? The speed man the speed. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)