Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Smart Meter fiasco
Monday we finally got our smart meter installed, should have been Friday bu t despite Scottish Power reminding me with texts every day for a week to be in for the install they never told the...
11
11

Help protect 3-port valve by switching off hot water last
My heating engineer, who is very good and always does a good job, fitted a new 3-port valve in the airing cupboard last week. He replaced the Danfoss with a Honeywell. The Danfoss has lasted 15 years....
42
42

GP Lithium 9v doa
Raided the spares box as I needed a 9v for the kitchen scales. Pulled out a GP Lithium, Best Before 2021 boasting 5x longer than alkaline. Scales failed to register. Checked with meter ~ 5v. Dug a bit...
13
13

pottery kilns
I have inherited the [unpaid] care of some amateur electric pottery kilns. The house has wire fuses and no RCD. The supply appears to be TN- S. There are Henley blocks between the meter and the...
7
7

OT I think I made a mistake with next years holiday
Lou asked what I wanted to do for my 50th Birthday and I said "Go for a holiday in North Korea." She now wants to book this Rocky Road will make history in 2020 by becoming the first group to travel...
48
48

Microwave with door open
Thank you for all your support!!!! Don't forget to share the videos!) More views will force us to upload faster!! Links ► FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/KreosanEnglish ► INSTAGRAMM -...
19
19

Door alignment
What's an effective way to align a multipoint locking double glazed door? Following mfr's instructions simply doesn't work. Whenever set to work ok it drifts off after a while. Up/down aligment is not...
15
15

IR detector problem - affected by high winds.
We have an IR detector light outside our front door. The detector is angled so that it is not triggered by anybody walking by and the light is angled so that it only illuminates our front garden. But...
27
27

Why do thermometers never agree?
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.
47
47

An enigma for Adam
The builders on the neighbouring construction site demanded a single phase supply to power their portable tools. I suppose words beginning F and O are in order but, as I had a beneficial financial...
9
9

Re: OT: How to spot a Labour party rally
Yep, On the money, Rod
21
21

Cleaning the rubber seal to the drum on a washing machine.
In spite religiously wiping it every time after use the seal between the drum and door had become blackened. Is there any way to get it clean? If so how can it be kept clean?
5
5

Fitting a fire rated downlight to an oversized hole
Possibly, but this would very much be a last resort. I forgot to mention that the ceiling is artexed and matching the finish would be very difficult. I'm really trying to cover over the mess left by...
11
11

Low voltage connector plug for cycle wiring
AMP Tyco Superseal. Not sure if they have snatch connectors in the range but they are capable of single handed disconnection and are waterproof.
20
20

2 light switches in a 2g plate
If the switches are 2w types, wire adjacent pairs to form a 2 way switching circuit (as you have on stairs etc). Then all you need to get right is the pair to make the correct light work. Not ideal...
17
17