Subject Author Posted Replies

B&Q Glitter Paint
Has anyone any experience of using the B&Q "Good Homes" paint that comes with a sachet of glitter stuff. Bought it - not realising the glitter had to be added in.
3
3

Combi or System boiler
"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." > wrote in message news:r14al2$742$ The delay before you get hot water is a function of two things: how quickly a combi starts to heat cold water to make hot water, and the...
22
22

OT: a particularly dire Guardian article about wind and nuclear (but some good comments)
Baseload argument no longer true when large quantities of cheaper renewable energy available Baseload argument no longer true when large quantities of cheaper renewable energy available
14
14

TOT Citizenship law
Is it true that if you're a Canadian and you apply for UK citizenship you have to pay £2,000 to apply, and if you make a mistake on the form it's rejected and to re-apply you have to pay another...
8
8

Re: o2 sensors
Only the upstream is within the fuel control feedback loop. The downstream really just determines if the cat is working or not.

Re: Generic pills ...
I had to look up what this is! Tacrolimus. There are other makes: possibly more complete but more awkward: in a yellow card: yourself to someone who can take note of your issues and, if appropriate,...
22
22

COoker point cable size?
I'm fairly sure that when this house was rewired that the cable from the consumer unit to the cooker point was 6mm, but recent discussion here has discussed 10mm and even 16mm. Has the standard...
19
19

Gas supply pipe replacement: update
Well after 3 false starts going back to last August, the crew turned up yesterday with no warning whatsoever. They dropped loads of the bits needed to put around road and pavement works along with...
16
16

Blink Camera Batteries
What are the consequences of using batteries other than Lithium in the camera? Just life? I have some recharchable Eneloops
16
16

How to deal with a bit of rising damp?
A cavity wall has a "tide mark" about 200mm above the floor. The wall was originally an external wall but, as a result of building an extension, is now an internal wall. The wall has a 1930s DPC and...
17
17

Ceiling pendant
Any ideas for a suitable permanamt fitting to attach to the ceiling that allows a pendant to easily plug into it - without needing to use chsock blocks and make new screwholes in the ceiling whing the...
14
14

Amateur radio - maintaining the technical standards
In the group, rsgb-workshop, those who might be considered to be the bell-wethers of amateur radio are bemoaning the decline in technical standards, especially among USA Extra class licensees who know...
32
32

Source of unusaul Lampholder?
The missus got hold of a ceramic lamp base at a jumble sale for 50p because the pattern on it matches the dinner service on the dresser. At the moment it looks a bit too like an urn for ashes for my...
7
7

Best sharpener for ceramic kitchen knives?
I have a ceramic knife that I use a lot but it?s definitely beginning to lose its edge. Are they worth sharpening, and if so, what?s the best tool? Diamond file? If so, what grade? Tim
8
8