Ceiling pendant

Any ideas for a suitable permanamt fitting to attach to the ceiling that allows a pendant to easily plug into it - without needing to use chsock blocks and make new screwholes in the ceiling whing the titting is changed. Obviously the plug on the light fitting would need to be swopped over.

Reply to
John

Hager Klik ceiling rose?

Andy Burns

Or these, which seem to do a similar job but are much more expensive:

Jeff Layman

An alternative to Hager Klick is Lewden Maestro.

Or Prota

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I may have misunderstood what you want, but wouldn't something like these be the simplest solution?

Just fit one onto the flex of your pendant fitting, and plug into the existing light socket in place of the bulb.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Google "Plug in ceiling rose"

Reply to
harry

There are ceiling roses designed for this job.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk:

Sorry - disnt want a "rose" as such - more of a fitting for multi lamp luminaires that screw onto the ceiling or onto a bracket on the ceiling. Normally use chock blocks but varifocals make that a chore

Reply to
John

Is it something like these that you are looking for?

Or

Or

You need to wire the socket to the wiring in the ceiling but the plug can be wired to the light fitting at ground level then simply lifted and plugged together.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

So what you'd like is some form of plug and socket between house wiring and luminaire? That will fit into the housing at the top of the luminaire? Good luck finding one which is easy to connect to the house wiring. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Tricky Dicky snipped-for-privacy@sky.com wrote in news:cacf0a51-e762-43b0-bcbf- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Ideal just the sort of thing I wanted - 20amps sounds a bit clunky.

Reply to
John

At least not fitting it whilst holding a luminaire!

Reply to
John

The Lewden Maestro ones will take a suitable sized conduit or rod, as well as flex.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Be warned, they are pretty large. I bought 4 as an emergency purchase to connect 12V LED lights to as a PSU for a camping trip - only thing I could get hold of immediately. I was surprised when I got them and saw the size.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Steve Walker snipped-for-privacy@walker-family.me.uk> wrote in news:r126f5$hbr$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Yes - possibly industrial, There really should be a 6amp version made.

Reply to
John