Blink Camera Batteries

What are the consequences of using batteries other than Lithium in the camera? Just life? I have some recharchable Eneloops

Reply to
John

Er, the wrong geometry and voltage?

Reply to
newshound

newshound snipped-for-privacy@stevejqr.plus.com> wrote in news:Tb- snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

No AA standard size

Reply to
John

newshound snipped-for-privacy@stevejqr.plus.com> wrote in news:Tb- snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

John

Eneloop are 1.2V and Panasonic don't provide a specification for their Internal Resistance.

I wouldn't expect any damage from trying. It all depends on your camera and how it copes with cells that are nearing their discharged state.

Reply to
Fredxx

My experience is a tendency for the camera to flatten them rather fast. (Might not be truly flat, but if the camera isn't happy with them, they might as well be.)

Have to admit that those lithium AA cells do seem to last well in cameras - compared to almost everything else I have tried. Just far too expensive.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

And of course you cannot charge them with the same type of charger. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

at all, they're primary lithium cells.

Reply to
Andy Burns

We are not psychic, and you didn't specify the camera either, which would have helped.

Reply to
newshound

Sorry - was in the original title Blink XT2

Reply to
John

newshound snipped-for-privacy@stevejqr.plus.com> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Wasn't aware that Blink had more than one basic type.

Reply to
John

The lithium batteries that Blink recommend are not rechargeable.

Blink recommend not using rechargeable or Alkaline batteries.

They give a life expectancy for the batteries at two years BUT only with the camera operating for 60 seconds a day (8 seconds a day if controlled remotely for live viewing). Many reviews of these cameras suggest that the battery life figure maybe is somewhat optimistic as the motion sensors that trigger operation are too sensitive.

I suspect that the OP may be going through expensive lithium batteries rather quickly and is looking for an alternative. The fact that Blink don't recommend certain types of battery suggests that the battery life expectancy depends on both terminal voltage and capacity and swapping from their recommended lithium type will result in more frequent battery changes.

Reply to
alan_m

alan_m snipped-for-privacy@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote in news:h9l5laF2orlU1 @mid.individual.net:

It was really a slight case of "desperation" after the batteries went flat and the local shops don't seem to stock them. Awaiting order to be delivered from EBay. Just wanted something to tide me over till they arrive as sods law would suggest that if the camera was left down then something would happen. Quite pleased with it other than it tends to trigger in the de-selected areas if a large van drives past. Good value - with no installation issues - wiring, etc.

Reply to
John

Didn't recognise the name. Almost all my digital cameras use Li-Ion. Can't do any harm by trying Eneloops but I suspect life may be short.

Reply to
newshound

newshound snipped-for-privacy@stevejqr.plus.com> wrote in news:E9adnQ-8GvXu snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

It is a security camera.

Reply to
John

Interesting to hear the experience. Something I havn't needed yet, but sometimes think about. Always worth trying rechargables in the absence of lithiums, but in an emergency ordinary "duracells" will match the voltage, just not last anything like so long.

Reply to
newshound

you can get a Solar Panel with Internal Battery Compatible with Blink XT and Blink XT2

-
Reply to
Mark