Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: David Bishop email 2
Hi, Today, there is beginning to be hope as state, local and federal authorities are waking up to the extreme dangers we face from an unseen, untested-for virus. In a couple of weeks we may finally...

Amazon fire TV for peanuts
The FireTV function is good but, to get the best out of it, you need to add some apps etc. We have a couple of Firesticks, we take one away in the motorhome in case of poor weather etc, and have a...
14
14

Some traders have remembered us
email this morning from on the subject: "Keeping your distance from Corona? - Do some DIY!" PS I - and far more important IIRC TMH - recommend them highly
2
2

OT: Calling trad jazz fans
When I were a lad, in the late 1950's I'm sure a mate of mine had a recording of Ottilie Patterson singing St. James Infirmary, probably with Chris Barber's jazz band. I would like to get a copy, but...
16
16

Sad but smug (hand sanitiser)
Due to my wife being ill, a lot,(she has now passed, hence the sad) . We have bottles and bottles of hand sanitiser (none in shops hence smug) I had to clean her up etc many times a day so we had LOTS...
15
15

3 inch strap on boss.....
Ideally I need to connect a sink waste to a soil pipe, it's 3 inch. Does a 3 inch strap on boss exist? Because I can't find one. And if I can't find a suitable boss.... Would it be a terrible idea to...
7
7

Pressure washer snapped hose quick connector
This is where a standard garden hose, clips onto the pressure - like a normal male Hoselock type garden hose quick connector. It looks identical to the male connector adaptor, used on a threaded...
11
11

OT:An experiment walking at night:well early in the morning
Charles Dickens famously used to walk around the deserted streets of London at night. As there's a Tesco Metro which opens at 6 a.m about 3 miles distant I thought I'd set off for a walk about 5.00...
12
12

Brickwork steps and the damp-proof course
If brickwork-sided steps are tied to the house and extend from outside ground level to above the damp-proof course, do they have to incorporate a corresponding damp-proof course of their own? Thanks.
29
29

The Ides of March
This came out as the I.D. s of March, ie your passport etc, I bet most over 70s are even now hiding their id. Brian
2
2

OT: One for Harry - The first and last voyage of the Bismarck
Brian: it describes in detail the gun battle between the German capital ships Bismarck and Prince Eugen, and HMS Hood and HMS Prince of Wales in the Denmark Strait in 1941, followed by the destruction...
4
4

DIY hand sanitiser wipes
Until you become sensitized to one of them.
30
30

Slate roof and sarking.
When our sate roof was about 100 years old we had it stripped, lined and the original slates re-fitted because 99.9% of them were still fine. The reason most of them that slipped and hence got broken...
21
21

OT: Identify this carving
A smartphone ? Who apart from teenagers, who know no better, would ever want to watch TV on a smartphone ? Apart from numpties on the train maybe but then I read a book myself. Next up you'll be...
24
24

OT North West London to M3. Which Route ?
Any opinions for a Car Route from North West London (Finchley Central) to joining the M3 traveling South West. Looking for the least Hassle. (ie free flowing traffic as much as possible) With the aim...
18
18