Subject Author Posted Replies

Another cracked wall question
I have a low garden wall retaining a raised bed. It's been there since 1960. The lower bed was heavily overgrown when I inherited it and I've only recently cleared back the shrubs and exposed it. It...
7
7

I'm running out of Turbo Ultra screws - are there alternatives?
I have just assembled a climbing frame for my grandson and that has run my stocks of Turbo Ultra screws very low so I'm desperately looking for alternatives to restock with. Has anyone else found...
25
25

Met Office weather website funny
It is finally raining properly in Sussex but I can't easily use the rain radar on the Met Office website because the Cookie OK button has no effect, so it blocks the bottom half of the screen. The...
23
23

Fuses
In article , John Rumm scribeth thus Used to work years ago in a TV repair shop mainly Phillips G6, G9 and G11 chassis sets all CRT ones never remembered having to put large fuses in them had to wire...
113
113

Pottery on EP2001
The control panel was turned off. Had been off for 2 hours. It suddenly started buzzing loudly for about 5 minutes. We had a really heavy thunderstorm at the time but no power cut. Any ideas as to why...

Thermostatic control knobs
I have a Lifestyle control knob but cannot find anything on the web who stocks this brand, have they changed the name of the company or have they been sold to a different company. Many thanks Jon
1
1

Fixing slatted fence panel atop garden wall
To give me and the neighbours a bit of privacy I've bought an 1800 x 600 pa nel (will cut height down to just 450mm) and want to fix on the wall betwee n our back doors. It's exposed but the wall is...
5
5

OT - Creating surround sound track which moves between speakers
Hi All, I have a test audio file which outputs a sound to a specific speaker (dolby 5.1) and then it moves around the room - I guess playing the same sound at different volumes in the various...
5
5

crimping using cembre hp ratchet crimper
hi guys hope someone can help me with this, when using the cembre hp ratchet crimper which way round should the crimp go into the tool, i ask this because i have seen people use these in different...
1
1

Does decent quality carpet make a good foundation for brickwork?!
I went recently to see a woman who has a modern garage that's built on a hi ll so the inside of the garage is a lot taller than would normally be the c ase. You go in through the up and over door and...
8
8

Insulating a chest freezer
Well, I stuck a temperature probe in my old chest freezer and discovered that it?s not really performing to spec. It?s a 3/4 star rated freezer (I think he 4* rating only applies when the fast freeze...
27
27

Oil heating hose
Hello I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding a pr oblem routing the oil hose from my boiler. The problem is that the hose sta rted leaking which was caused by a kink in the...
5
5

Cleaning 20p pieces covered in hydraulic fluid mixed with a bit of brass swarf
Well the washing up bowl with hot water and Fairy liquid made a big difference but the 20p pieces are sill a little oil covered (and still smell of the stuff) and some swarf is still there. Some of it...
18
18

Advice needed - diagonal crack in internal wall, matching on both sides of the wall
Hello. I have a back-to-back red brick mid terrace house in the UK. There is a large crack in an internal wall on the 2nd floor. The wall between the bathroom and the bedroom. The crack runs...
16
16

The easy way to lay conmcrete blocks.
2