Oil heating hose

Hello I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding a pr oblem routing the oil hose from my boiler. The problem is that the hose sta rted leaking which was caused by a kink in the hose where it exits the side of the boiler case. I have a replacement hose and think if I could fit som e sort of extender to the Riello pump inlet it would allow the pipe to exit the side of the boiler without any kink. It would have to be some sort of BSPT 1/4 femail x BSPT 1/4 male coupling and would appreciate any pointers as to where I could get such a thing if it exists. Many thanks.

Reply to
James Thomas

BES would be the first place I'd look.

I can't work out the layout of pump inlet, current hose route, the new extension and proposed hose route.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Wot he said

Reply to
newshound

The whole idea of using hose as the final connection to the pump is to abso rb vibration and facilitate removing the burner for servicing. Most fuel su pply pipes are copper to within the boiler casing AND you should have a fir e stop valve in the supply with the valve either outside the dwelling or im mediately adjacent to pipe emergence from a concrete floor. Approved types have a variety of lengths of sensing probe. You really need to use a long life, non kink oil hose and route it from the pump to the termination with the copper pipe in any easy loop. Long life hoses are available with both straight or elbow connections for t he pump end. I'd have suggested Heating Replacement Parts and Controls (HRP C) but they were bought out by Wolsley and I believe they are now absorbed into Controls Centre depots around the country.

Reply to
Cynic

I do hope there is a tap there, otherwise you are in one heck of a mess. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

A hose with an elbow on one end may help. The hose pipe should not exit the boiler case, rather the copper pipe from the tank should terminate inside the case. Some pictures and details on the exact boiler may help. Usually you can download a boiler's installation manual which will tell you how the oil supply pipe (s) should be routed.

Reply to
Michael Chare