40inch Samsung Smart 3D TV & using Skype

Hi all, Can anyone help please?

I am trying to help a friend set up their new Smart TV, they bought to be able to use Skype on it.

On setting the set up an onscreen keyboard is available to type in postcode etc.

But on trying to activate the built in Skype application, I cannot get the on screen keyboard to appear to type in the Skype account name and password!

The set has USB slots can I just plug in a USB Keyboard and it will allow me to enter the account details?

40inch Samsung Smart 3D TV & using Skype 40" F7000 Series 7 Smart 3D Full HD LED TV Model: UE40F7000ST SESK Model no: UE40F7000STXXU JLP Model Code: 82452245

Mick.

Reply to
Mick

In message , Mick writes

I bought the Perixx PERIDUO-707W PLUS UK wireless kb & mouse from Amazon for my Samsung Smart TV and they work reliably.

Reply to
usenet2013xxa

+1 when I bought a 32" smart Samsung TV, the guy in the shop said "forget the web browser, its unusable without the extra wireless key board" After an hour in which I failed to actually enter a URL into the browser at all, I have concluded he was essentially correct.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Which series? I have 2 Samsung smart TVs (in different places), one series 5 and the other series 6. There seems to be quite a big difference between them.

However, I find the software on both of them bizarre. Eg when I try to watch some stations on the series 6 model through WiFi I am told I need a newer version of Flash, but I can see no way of installing that or indeed anything except the Samsung updates which are occasionally downloaded automatically.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Series 7. Mick.

Reply to
Mick

There's a procedure whereby you load the upgrade on a flash memory stick into the USB port and set the TV to look there. You need to read your manual properly.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Thanks for the suggestion. I did briefly look at the 679 page manual, but I admit I did not study it diligently enough. I shall spend next weekend reading it thoroughly ...

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Isn't there an index or contents page? Isn't 80% written in other european languages? :-)

Years ago when the first Amstrad IBM PC compatible launched, I remember Nicholas Parsons holding up a 600 page manual and proclaiming that he was not likely to be found reading the entire thing before attempting to use his computer. Of course that was not a prerequsite, but sure he made some headlines out of it...

Reply to
Adrian C

thoroughly

Our Panasonic telly (vaugely intellegent, not "smart" but has iPlayer (it didn't when we bought it, that arrived with an over-the-air firmware update) has a 107 page manual, the Bluray 143, just English...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice