Pipe sound from TV to my radio

I want to hear sound from my Tv using my standalone radio.

All the TV output HDMIs are being used.

My inputs on my radio for TV/Dbs are coaxial.

What parts do I need?

Thanks.

Reply to
AK

I have three TVs and all have output for RCA jacks. You don't have that? Perhaps a cheap soundbar would be better than using the radio.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I did find some RCA jacks on the bottom back of the TV.

Andy

Reply to
AK

Yeah, but are they for an auxiliary tv input, usually a composite video (yellow) RCA and red+black or red+white rca stereo analog audio input? They won't help you solve your problem if they are input jacks.

Reply to
Peter

Bummer.

Reply to
AK

Tv is a westinghouse dwm42f2g1. Radio is Denon AVR 1801.

Reply to
AK

Hey Andy (AKA "AK"), if the information in the link immediately above for your TV is correct, and the information in the following link for your Denon is also correct, the TV has a digital coax audio output and the Denon has a digital coax audio input. Seems as though all you need is a flashlight to find the correct jacks, and a connecting cable. No adapter should be needed. see:

Peter

Thanks for your help.

I checked my manual.

I found an audio in with left and right inputs.

But no audio out that I could find. Here is a pic of the back of my TV.

Andy

Reply to
AK

I found the headphone jack.

I do not have a cable yet for the headphone jack.

I did find a TOS cable and connected it to TV and the Radio. Opt1

I tried to use the manual to configure it to use the TOS connection.

The manual is poorly written and I had no luck.

Andy

Reply to
AK

Andy, Interesting that the image you provide doesn't correspond to the back of the TV images at the top of the consumer reports web page which is supposedly for the same TV (see reference 1). I'd take a very careful look at the sides and back of your physical TV and not rely totally on the manual. Sometimes the manufacturers are sloppy about correctly matching the included manual with included TV.

My previous comment was based on what I saw in the 4th picture from the left at the top of the page of the consumers report web page, which clearly shows an RCA jack labeled "coaxial" just to the right of the headphone logo. Oh well. Your image does show a TOSlink jack which is probably an output jack. The descriptive text for that jack (#2 in your image) is not visible in the image you provided but probably says if it's an input or an output. (I've got 3 tvs of differing ages, from 3 different manufacturers. All have a single TOSlink jack. All 3 provide audio output.) Because the Denon (reference 2) has 2 TOSlink input jacks (labeled OPT-1 and OPT-2), you should be good to connect the tv to the Denon with just a fiber optic cable with a TOSlink plug at both ends.