Hear sound through radio from my TV HDMI output

I want to hear sound from my Tv using my standalone radio.

All the TV output HDMIs are being used.

My inputs on my radio for TV/Dbs are coaxial.

What parts do I need? I figure I will at least need a HDMI splitter.

Thanks.

Reply to
AK

. ??
Reply to
Dean Hoffman

If your TV has an optical (TOSlink) audio output, there are inexpensive little converters that will process an optical audio input and provide electrical (coax) digital output. You'll need one of those converters and the cables to connect the devices. Suggest you put the search phrase "toslink to coax audio converter" into your favorite search engine and you'll see what I'm talking about. If your TV has a headphone jack, there are also converters to change analog audio signals to digital (coax) signals. Hard to believe that a TV won't have an audio output jack in some format.

Reply to
Peter

No, it does not.

Andy

Reply to
AK

Do you think this would work?

AK

Andy

Reply to
AK

Do you mean coax or RCA jack? Both are coaxial.

Reply to
micky

It would, assuming your TV has a TOSlink audio output.

Reply to
Peter

There are adapters for almost everything. If you're only outputs are, or if you want to use, the HDMI, yes a splitter, and, deepending on the answer to my question above, an HDMI to RCA adapter, or HDMI to co-ax adapter (I forget t he official name)

YOu can probably download the manuals for both the tv and the radio. Even if you have the printed copy, the pdf is easier to search.

You can also output the tv sound to an FM transmitter, and then you can listen to the audio at any FM radio in the house. That's what I do with my PC's sound. It even reaches out to the yard, the car, and maybe 3 blocks away. I hope that's not illegal. I chose a frequency that was vacant, but I learned later that sometimes it has a high school radio station 3 or 4 hours a day, 36 miles from here.

Reply to
micky

Yes, it does. Andy

Reply to
AK

The actual ad for each of them is gone. but here are the summaries.

First I bought a cheap one but its signal didn't seem to reach even to my bedroom. Only $11, but Amazon took it back.

Then i got this one. It was about $50, but when I looked a year later it was about 100. It may have gone down again. It has several ads under several brand names but they all have the controls in the same places and all do the same thing.

This looks like the one I bought, and yes, now it's $70, still higher but not 100. I rmemeber, at the time I thought maybe because of Corona, all the churches were having people stay in their cars instead of coming inside, so there was a shortage. Two power mode: 0.5W and 0.1W

This one seems like the same thing but somehow it's $136. Same size, 0.1 or 0.5 watts.
Tbhis one seems like the same thing, 0.5 Watt or 0.1 Watt, but with a assortment of antennas and some cable, and it's reached $269
One of those for sale earlier, but none of these, had an additional input in the back, one I wouldn't have used, and that would account for $10 more dollars but it was 40 more. I just use a 3.5mm stereio plug, and the radio says the signal is indeed in stereo.

If you buy one be sure to save the instruction. I've had sort power failures with no trouble, but after a year, one of them caused it to start but with different settings, and I coudln't figure out how to reset it. I googled all over the place, NEVER found an actual manual but found an Amazon ad that went into enough detail. Another reason Amazon is such a success. Walmart, HomeDepot only give a couple lines of description, enough to know what it is if you already know what it is. And the competitors have had 20 years to imitate Amazon and they only do it a little bit.

Reply to
micky