40inch 4k smart tv

why have JVS smart TVs changed from fire and Alexi to android ask google ? ....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

JVS? never heard of that make......

Reply to
SH

No, Does he mean JVC? Why does anything change. it usually down to cost, and what the public expects or to put it another way, we can get these ready made bits and then we just stick our badge on it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

sorry currys brand jvc anyway bought one today,,,,bargain at £199

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

This one?

The only JVC around that size showing on their web site at the moment.

43" though.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Ah.

David

Probably because they are just TVs from a different manufacturer with a badge put on by Currys/PC World.

Reply to
alan_m

It's probably cheap for the same reason as Chromebooks and Motorola phones are: so Google can spy on you for whatever reason. Presumably mostly commercial, but certainly not limited to that. If the phones are anything to go by, there are blocks of code in the operating system which are completely opaque and cannot be reverse-engineered to establish what function they perform, so it boils down to whether you trust Google or not.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I believe they are made by a Chinese TV manufacturer (Shenzhen MTC) and include a hidden forward facing camera and a backdoor report back home facility :)

Reply to
alan_m

yes not bad...don't like the sound much

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

indeed what ever happened to the old Japan Victory Company

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...