4-wire old-style brass toggle light switch?

In the middle of decorating the hallway, and I've just noticed that the lightswitch for the stairs light is four-wire, since there's three switches controlling the same light.

Trouble is, I want to replace all the switches with old-styley brass toggle ones. In fact, I _have_ replaced all the others... And the ones I've got are only three-wire.

round-edge/74698

So. Anybody know of any similar 4-wire switches?

Ta!

Reply to
Adrian

You need Volex part number VX1130RBB 1 gang intermediate toggle switch brushed brass round edge.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

TLC's Victorian Brass range looks fairly similar and has an intermediate toggle switch

Other options polished brass flat plate

brushed brass flat plate

spuorgelgoog

That's _precisely_ it... Ta.

Now the hunt starts for somebody to sell me one...

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks - I found that after the initial post - it's a Varilight switch available in a stack of places. Some pics make the Victorian brass look similar to the brushed, others make it look very different. Varilight also do a brushed range, but no intermediate in that...

It's my back-up option if I can't find the Volex that Nightjar pointed me to.

Reply to
Adrian

Volex isn't - or rather wasn't once - exclusive to Screwfix. So it's just a question of checking with your local wholesalers. But they are a UK company, so they might even help out direct.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

City Electrical Factors are Volex stockists. If your nearest branch doesn't have it in stock (it would surprise me if they have), they should be able to order it for you.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

It's a 30-mile round trip to the nearest CEF - so I was hoping to find one online. If I can't, then I'll have a chat with the local DIY shop, see if they can order me one in.

Reply to
Adrian

Well, Screwfix certainly don't.

FFS.

Reply to
Adrian

It is always nice to see an optimist in the DIY ranks.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Tried Ebay?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yep. Sent messages to a couple of eBay sellers who list similar-but-not- quite, too.

Reply to
Adrian

Well take a picnic. Make a day of it. Who knows, there might be a brass band playing in the park.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes, you could get an 'orse and ride him in.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

B-)

I was thinking 30 miles just about gets me to the nearest CEF let alone back again...

CEF do have a website and they list the one required but they don't appear to have a web shop. I think they deliver for free but I'd expect 30 miles to be outside that area. Worth a phone call?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Well, quite. I think people from there come here for a nice day out, not vice-versa. People from round these parts have been known to come out in hives at the thought of The Big City.

I'm heading to town tomorrow anyway, so will just stop by.

Reply to
Adrian

And CEF's initial response was "Oh, Volex are really difficult to deal with. It's probably Screwfix only."

Reply to
Adrian

CEF are a waste of space, even when dealing with trade customers.

Call your local wholesalers and see who stocks volex. They will be able to order the switch for you. Sure they will want money up front but it can be done via a credit card, but for such a small order expect a week or two wait.

Reply to
ARW

We shall see. They say they're going to investigate and try to order one for me.

Reply to
Adrian

If all else fails I order one for you one and post it to you. Assuming my wholesaler still stocks Volex (it's not a popular brand).

Reply to
ARW