4 core 2.5mm swa cable

We are in the process of completing changing our garden and as a result we need to think about sockets etc.
Previously there were a number of outdoor sockets and seperate lights but all run off a 4 core 2.5mm swa cable which has seperate circuits on mains box to turn off either the outdoor sockets or lights.
In our new garden I would like to keep one socket and then the lighting circuit for installing low voltage lights. These lights though run off a plug socket so I am not sure how to lay this out.
My gardener has started work so needs to know what to do with the wires. At the moment I have kept one socket and a swa wire coming off that on that was originally used for lighting.
Will this work when the electrician comes to install the low voltage(that comes with a plug)?
I could always get him to change the single socket to a double and use one for the plug for the lights and the other as a spare but this would mean both socket and lights would be on the same circuit.
Could another socket be installed using the swa cable that was previously used for lighting?
Thanks
--
sfrazi

There are lots of possibilities, including Home Automation remote control of the sockets. But much of this will be down to what your electrician knows about and is capable of installing. You probably need to get them involved at this point.
Lighting which is fitted with a 13A plug is not designed for use outdoors (or at least, the plug isn't).
--
Andrew Gabriel

but, a moulded on plug could be acceptable outdoors
--
Please note new email address:
snipped-for-privacy@CandEhope.me.uk
On 19/09/2015 15:17, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Even in an IP66 rated socket with cover?
writes:

Well that has spoilt all the chavs Christmases decorations.
--
Adam