Subject Author Posted Replies

wireless light switch??
Hi All, We currently have a room with a central light and two wall lights. This is wired such that there is a single gang double switch by the door. A 1.5 T&E cable runs from there to the ceiling. Two...
12
12

Touring electric coach stranded at Eden Project after failing to find charging point in Cornwall
fully-electric coach has found itself stranded in Cornwall after being unable to charge at five different locations across the Duchy. (contd) PMSL ... The Carbon Battle Bus had travelled from London...
77
77

Best adhesive for timber to fibreglass
I'm soon to begib to repair some water ingress to out caravan, at the front, which is a large fibreglass panel. With three wondow openings. The window openings are framed with timber, which I assume...
2
2

OT: Rise in pitch at the end of every sentence
Why do some people raise their voice at the end of every sentence? It sounds like they're asking a question. Glaswegians and Australians are particularly bad for it. Are they unsure of everything they...
22
22

OT G7 presents
"The owner, Stephen Bilenky, was contacted by the US state department on 23 May about designing the bike and a matching helmet, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported. It says the budget was just $1,500...

New Cylinder needed for system boiler fitting?
Hi All I am musing about finally replacing our anciente back boiler (Baxi Bermuda, part of a Plan C system dating back ... quite a bit) One possibility I am considering is having a system boiler...
27
27

OT: Left hand down?
Why do people say left hand down instead of left? We all know which way to turn the wheel to make the car go left, and it's the same in reverse. And if I'm reversing looking over my shoulder, one hand...
42
42

Benchmark technicality (Ordnance Survey ones that is)
Needed for accurate , ie order of 1cm absolute levels determination. The benchmark of consideration is just one brick remaining in-situ after vehicle damage to a wall years ago. Reconstructing the...
8
8

Garden sprayer repair
Hi, I have an old (1950's I think) sprayer much like this one: I try to use it, water just leaks out of where the two pump pieces join. I'm assuming there is a washer/seal/gasket missing but I just...
14
14

Stoke on Trent libray
I am trying to get information on if and when the library in Stoke on Trent city will be open. The web site is so complicated i cannot make head not tail of it. Is it me being thick or is it the site...
10
10

Virgin media pop3 servers
This is a long shot but does any virgin media subscriber use pop3 servers on their VM emails? I like it because being blind, its easy to set up message filtering to folders and put in custom blocks....
6
6

Fixings for Tanalised Timber
Can anyone advise me on the suitability of fixings in particular screws for Tanalised timber? I have looked on the Lonza site and downloaded their user guide to working with tanalised timber and it...
4
4

Sometimes this forum worries me
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that. Bill
42
42

Today's electrical SNAFU - a reminder to check!
In the process of removing an over-sink light and shaver outlet I switched off the ceiling switch (I presume there used to be a light fitted that did not have an integral switch), the light went off...
8
8

A new microsoft annoyance
Following an update last night, my taskbar is now telling me what the weather is outside, as if I couldn't look out of the window. It appears to be a function of microsoft news, but I can't see how to...
18
18