£30 electrical-gadgety-crap for Xmas?

How about a compact / neat little welding set that will fit into the boot of his car without taking much space up. Always a handy toy for repairers:

Omri

Bored with getting novelty socks and books I want to read for hubby for Xmas, I asked him what he wanted. "Electrical-gadgety-crap" was the reply. What can I get for £30ish? Or maybe more if I must. He's into electricals, computers (wireless and portable), tinkering with solder and boards etc, but I'd consider anything. Saw this on ebay

Garmin eTrex GPS and would love it, but a bit too dear.

What boys toys are YOU drooling over?

Suz

Reply to
Suz

How about a remote controlled hovercraft? There was one for 20 or 30 quid in gadgetshop.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Depending on his age, one of those retro games units that plays space invaders, Pac man etc:

you can stretch your budget a little further, how about a brand new ZX81 kit?:

s--p--o--n--i--x

$99 !!!!!!!, I've just thrown my ZX81 away !

Doh

Reply to
Paul

this is the coolest/hottest thing I can think of

Cold Heat Soldering Tool The Cold Heat Soldering Tool is a cordless tool that heats quickly and cools down nearly as fast. It creates the heat right in the proprietary tip material, making the tool 20 times more efficient than the average conventional soldering iron. The tip reaches 500ºF in less than 1 second for many types of joints and cools to the touch in 1-5 seconds so you can put it away - without any waiting.

Reply to
Paul

And of course will have flat batteries when you come to need it... I've got a cordless iron for those odd field repairs, and it's of limited use. A gas one is far better.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 23:49:17 -0000, "Suz" strung together this:

New laptop and PC, but I think that's more than £30! I've just orderd a new Harrier ISDN tester, again a bit more than £30 but it's got wires attached! Humax Fox F2 T, one of those on order too. Erm, dunno what to get for £30 though! Oh, hang on, whiteboard with handsfree phone from BT, £20.

Reply to
Lurch

Hi for £30 get him from

their part number 7984057 and

8156255 It is an introduction to microprocessors
Reply to
James Salisbury

Bit more expensive but if you've got any cold rooms and want them attended to

get him on the case.

There are cheaper ones but these are a waste of time.

Reply to
Mike

Mine arrived today. Neat!

Reply to
Bob Eager

On 7 Dec 2004 20:38:11 GMT, "Bob Eager" strung together this:

I'm still umming and arring (?) over ordering one. I've ordered all the expensive things but am still stuck on the £20 item for some reason! Think I might go for it, again, it's got wires attached so it must be needed...

Reply to
Lurch

In message , s--p--o--n--i--x writes

Why ?

Reply to
raden

Good site, like iwantoneofthose.com

Reply to
Suz

"Lurch" > Erm, dunno what to get for £30 though!

That is just too cool!! My mum'd love that for her kitchen.

Reply to
Suz

"James Salisbury"

He has a MSc in Electrical Eng --> unimpressive, but a nerdy interest in all such things. He modifies motherboards and pores over their design, would this not be too basic?

Suz

Reply to
Suz

Oh a thought - what will this mean for the REN? Her's is 3.0 and she already has 3 phones...

Reply to
Suz

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:40:31 -0000, "Suz" strung together this:

Great! Now I've sorted your Mum's pressie out, could you pick something for my Mum.....

Reply to
Lurch