Zanussi DS10 No Worky

I've just bought a s/h dishwasher, and it doesn't work! :(

It's a compact worktop type. Basically, it seems to do everything OK, until it comes to draining, where it clicks a lot and doesn't manage to empty at all. I can't find anything out about these, and it's a few hours till I can get hold of a torx bit to start taking it apart, so any pointers would be handy :) Especially as I don't know anything about dishwashers, let alone how this one operates. I'm having a wild guess I ought to hear something other than a few random clicks (and then it turns itself off).

I could always just siphon the damned thing every time I use it, but I really want to just put plates in, and take them out! Besides, the taste of salty dishwater isn't very nice..

Reply to
Stuffed

Taking a wild stab in the dark, perhaps there is a problem with the drain pump?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Well, as I couldn't find a damned thing out about the model, and I knpow nothing about these things, I didn't know how the water got out! Things I found online mentioned drain pumps with motors, ones that work by reversing the motor, and ones that worked by use of a valve on the main motor - And I wanted some idea what I was going to be faced with when I took the bottom off :)

As it turns out, it is a seperate motor, which I removed and spun the impellor on by hand (there was a very very slight grating noise first couple of turns) to see if it was jammed. I also popped the connector to the timer off and cleaned the contacts a little. Rested it all back together, gave it a quick test, and some water actually came out! Gave it another test, left the room, and the drain hose came out the bucket and flooded the kitchen, but not to worry, at least I know it mostly works now.

Interesting thing was when I took the lower front panel off, it's all set up for a timer knob to be fitted, and a switch panel (there is no manually setable timer, and the switches are on the top). Made me wonder if it's worth looking into modifying it so I can twiddle the timer by hand, and so on. Trouble is, it seems to be such an old model I can't find much if any info at all :(

Reply to
Stuffed

good - may have been muck in the pump. If the pump runs reasonably freely it'll probably keep running.

NT

Reply to
bigcat