Subject Author Posted Replies

Sourcing a PC fan ...
Our lads Acer laptop fan has started buzzing. It's caked in greased fluff and beyond cleaning. Trying to find a reliable source for all the part numbers scattered all over the fan, the PC and using...
9
9

Removing a 10AX switch from an MK LogicPlus faceplate
I need to change a 1P-2w light switch on a 2-gang MK LogicPlus faceplate to an intermediate switch. What's the magic technique for removing the switches from the faceplates without breaking the...
6
6

OT: DLR journey
Anyone here familiar enough with the DLR to answer this? I want to take HS1 to Stratford International, get off there, get the DLR one stop to Stratford, then change there to get a DLR train (other...
9
9

PIR/Microwave sensor
I need to put one or two outside lights for a friend. I know the luminaires (down-facing so no dazzle) and lamps (wide-angle R63 LEDs) but I'm fed up with PIRs that turn on the light when it's not...
9
9

Sewers: technical term for ...
Holding "tank" /catchement chamber/ interceptor? back in the Victorian era and brick and clay pipe sewers era. The stooping-high chambers designed for holding extreme roof-run-off rainfall in volume,...
5
5

LED Christmas lights issue?
I have several connectable 240v LED Christmas lights of a brand no longer available. Most of the lights work perfectly but I'm having failures in the supply leads. Fortunately each connectable string...
11
11

An aside to the EV drivers thread
We don't yet have an EV although a *shopping trolley* is under consideration. Range and rapid charging are not an issue as a 13 amp outlet would be adequate for geriatrics shopping and visiting family...
38
38

Progress?
How to fix a dripping tap: <> Image Progress hosted in ImgBB
24
24

using a mobile phone app to create contact sheets from C41 negs
As per subject, are there any photographers here who have loads of poorly organised C41 and B&W negatives (as I have managed over the years) ?. Is there a phone app that allows a whole film of negs to...
32
32

E.on -speed of a/c takeover of bankrupt suppliers
How long do E.on take to set up the account of bankrupt suppliers that they have taken over, onto their own systems? I ask as I was a Symbio electricity customer. and they went broke just over 6 weeks...
27
27

Kitchen floor
Going to replace my kitchen floor as the B&Q Vinyl stick on tiles about 1 foot square are starting to come up and break off in to pieces after about 10 years... so doen quite well I think. So any...
14
14

Underfloor insulation with less disruption?
Q-Bot offers under-floor insulation fitted by high-tech robots, meaning less disruption and damage to homes.
7
7

OT: Dell displays
Anyone familiar with the Dell P2421DC? I'm trying to get the USB ports (four of them) to work. The manual says to connect a USB-C cable between the display and a similar port on the computer. It's...
10
10

Solar electricity
One of my lads has just asked me to comment on these me as about enough to provide lighting for a small stables, and nothing else. I'm going to do some more calcs later but thought I'd see what the...
35
35

White towel rail paint/enamel crazing
The bathroom towel rail, which is white (not chrome) and nearly 10 years old has the paint crazing on some of the rails. These are the ones used for drying face cloths. This is not what I would expect...
10
10