£2200 for fastening 10 bolts

STATIONERY!

Reply to
Simon Mason

VAT will have been included in the parts prices from his supplier. You have only saved VAT on his £472 labour costs. = £94.40

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Why does the subframe price state £1095 in the "rate" column, but only £930 in the price I paid?

Reply to
Simon Mason

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 11:15:13 -0000, Muddymike w= rote:

They're Alfa bolts, tightened precisely using overpriced tooling.

-- =

My wife doesn't surf the net, she paddles.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Good job you have loads of money

I bet the car's not worth that much.

Reply to
Judith

Yes of course it is.

We Buy Any Car must have made a mistake at £1,700 then.

Mind I suppose it is really worth £3,900 now with the £2,200 you have spent on it.

Reply to
Judith

Yep - but they don't know where you live.

Reply to
Judith

Easy enough to follow him.

And in America, you can easily look that up.

And why would you care if people knew your reg and your address?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It is worth about the same at a 5 year old Fiesta.

Simon Mason

Approx £1,700 then

Reply to
Judith

It must be the only car where a component on it is worth more than the enti re machine.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Every time I go along a residential street I see cars in driveways no one covers their number plates. I don't understand how connecting a car registration to an address is helping criminal activity.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

judith once said that he would report my reg number to Humberside plod in connection with hanging around school entrances, drug deals and ram raiding.

Reply to
Simon Mason

How does that apply to hiding a link between your reg and address??

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

There are enough mad people on the Internet that it is not wise to provide any clues as to your address.

Reply to
Huge

I saved loads today as I fitted this badge all by myself.

Simon Mason

It's more likely that they just use an air-powered impact gun on wheelnuts and suspension bolts. Everyone else seems to. And then finish off with an extra heave on a bar about 3 feet long 'to be sure, to be sure'.

Reply to
Andrew

142 Tranby lane Anlaby Hull HU10 7EJ

According to the A + A invoice.

Does the car have a tracker and immobiliser ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Tyres On The Drive used one, sheared off the wheel bolt and it costs me ? ?350 for a new hub as they couldn't get it out.

Simon Mason

It is NOT in Hull - this is the correct address.

142 Tranby Lane Anlaby East Riding of Yorkshire HU10 7EJ
Reply to
Simon Mason