Subject Author Posted Replies

Manhole channel
At the final manhole leaving our garden (there are 8 in all) the join between the channel and the outlet pipe is broken and often causes matter to snag resulting in a blockage. Probably 3 times a year...
16
16

Dishwasher do not start
It is a Siemens S9K1S, pictures here: are some more specification that I use for Google search: FD 840 000133 SE34E238SK/22 It may have become damaged by freezing during the winter. We now get it...
2
2

Road Pins?
Where can I get 20 road pins? (I'd rather borrow than buy as it's for one day) ...
26
26

Mounting tumble dryer on wall?
Hi Chaps our compact tumble dryer may be reaching end of life. I'd like to get a condensing but it seems this implies a full size one. For space reasons I'm wondering about the feasibility of mounting...
14
14

Heating oil price this morning = 52.13 pence, will it fall further?
BoilerJuice is quoting 52.13 pence per litre for 500 litres as of 10:21 am on 22/Jun/12. This is the lowest I've recorded since 31/Jan/2011. Is it going to fall further? MM
25
25

Drilling partially overlapping holes
I need to change a couple of night latches. I bought a 60mm backset one to replace a 60mm latch and guess what? they're just a bit different. I also have a door that has a 40mm backset but can't...
9
9

Fatally Flawed
The campain against the use of child proof socket covers is wriggling more than dennis. Liam Boyles death. The site IMHO virtually blames his Mother for his death as SHE did not ensure that she kept...
106
106

PCB etching - what lamp for safe light
Hi folks, I'm going to be etching some plates similar to PCB etching. I'll be using spray PRP emulsion to coat the plates prior to exposure. I have all the gear for exposing etc but I will need to use...
8
8

Lion Television want to hear about your DIY renovation disasters now!
Is your house a DIY disaster zone? If so, we can help! We would like to hear from you now if you have reached the end of your tether and your budget for a new home makeover television show. Are you...
14
14

Investigation
Why are you posting this from a gmail address rather than from a address? Can you please post the name and email address of a member of the University of Lisbon who can vouch for you and your...
2
2

Sander recommendation
I'm stripping a load of skirting boards, about 50m. I've found a heat gun works best, but it leaves a rough surface, and a few stubborn remains of paint. What would be the best power sander for this...
2
2

rawlplug uno wall plugs
Hi, I generally follow the advice to throw away what ever screws and plugs come with furniture/fittings and use my own. I have found some cheap wall plugs to be useless. I have found the rawl plugs to...
21
21

pliolite paint for roof and cladding tiles
Hi, Around here the fronts of the houses are tile clad and after thirty-forty years, they are beginning to look a bit sorry for themselves. I think they are a "sandy" tile and are beginning to weather...
3
3

110mm soil fittings: pushfit only?
Hi, I was wondering if there was a solvent weld equivalent of this: screwed access cap? Are push fit fittings preferred for drains to allow for expansion? The disadvantage with push fit as far as I...
2
2

Rip-Off Britain. Anyone tried to buy a fridge thermostat recently ?
As per subject. My 2008 Liebherr fridge freezer needs a new thermostat but the model I need doesn't seem to be available in the country, even though it is made by Invensys (but at their factory in...
21
21