110mm soil fittings: pushfit only?

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a solvent weld equivalent of this:

screwed access cap?

Are push fit fittings preferred for drains to allow for expansion? The disadvantage with push fit as far as I can see is that you need to buy two things instead of one, so in this case I would also need to buy a couple, like this:

's not the end of the world for me, but I can't imagine builders would want to buy two fittings if they could halve their costs by buying one.

I suppose something like this:

110mm plug might be used as a temporary measure, so I can see why they might not be solvent weld versions of that but things like an access cap are going to be permanent, so why not solvent weld them?

TIA

Reply to
Fred

That is both a (male) solvent weld and pushfit device.

I think you were maybe asking if there was a female solvent weld version - if so,I have not seen one, but have a look at the Floplast catalogue on the web (google) - they make most bits.

You can combine that device with a female-female solvent weld coupler which is not a particularly common beast, but I am sure I have seen one somewhere

- ah:

do not discount pushfit - 110 is very robust once it is togther, it is not likely to fall apart by itself.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I had not realised there were male and female versions but yes, I was asking for one that would just fit over the end of a pipe.

I suppose that this isn't any better than the push fit solution as either way you need a couple as a second fitting. I was looking for a single fitting solution, still it's not the end of the world.

I notice pipes with integral sockets seem to be more common these days, so I guess if you had one of those, it would eliminate the need for a coupler.

Oh yes, I will go down the push fit route without hesitation. I was just surprised solvent weld was so rare, when it is so common for 32 and 40mm sizes.

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred