Waste fittings

Hi all

Doing a bit of work in our downstairs loo and just need to check on whether

32mm waste fittings and pipe are interchangeable with 1 1/4 fittings. More specifically would I be able to use this flexible connector to join two pieces of 32mm pipe

Jim

Reply to
JimM

of the problems with waste pipe fittings is that each manufacturer seems to work to their own set of standards, which results in mixing different makes being a bit chancy. The only way to be sure is to try it and, given the price, that is what I would be inclined to do.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

the clue is in the "Uni" bit of the title - means universal (i.e. its a compression fitting) and they generally fit all the variations of

32/1.25" push fit and solvent weld. (also McAlpine waste fittings are pretty decent quality)
Reply to
John Rumm

Yes and yes - but be aware that not all fittings & pipe fit each other, as said. For the 2 main sizes, 32 & 40mm, real pipe sizes vary over a few mm, and some connectors will take all pipes, some only some. Compression fittings are the ones to pick if you want universal fitting, solv weld must be the least universal, requiring the exact size.

NT

Reply to
Tabby