Internal waste pipes, eg. Bath, shower, sink.

Not been very succesfull on searching the newsgroup & FAQ to find out the regulations on waste pipe plumbing. Any pointers would be appreciated.

i.e. what sort of traps and whether you can join waste pipes before the go through the wall to the gulley. When Buidling Control where here he wanted to see the trap for the bath before signing off on it.

What I doing is a new kitchen and bathroom.

In the kitchen: I want to connect the kitchen sink and washing machine into one pipe (40mm) before going through the wall.

In the bathroom: To join a shower waste and bath waste before going through the wall to a gulley. For the wash basin I have spotted a toilet coupler that has a boss on it for a 40mm waste pipe which would reduce the pipework by

4 meteres. The toilet outlet goes straight down and through the footings to a manhole. The rest will be going to an open gully outside and then into the waste system.

Lawrence

usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk

Reply to
Lawrence

Isn't there an issue with waste water 'coming up' a lower waste pipe if you plumb more than one together before they get to a big waste pipe? E.g. if you pull the plug out on the bath with a full bath won't the water come out of the shower waste into the bottom of the shower as well as running down the drain?

I was hoping to join two wastes in my re-plumbed bathroom (washbasin and bath) but the above problem suddenly occurred to me and I don't think I can do it. Unless, of course, one-way valves can be put into waste pipes.

Reply to
usenet

Not sure if you'll be able to access these directly but wickes good idea leaflets are a good place to start

the building regulations can be downloaded from

(follow Building Regulations, then The Building Act

1984 and building regulations, Approved documents)

As your taking about pipe work at 4m, your main problem may be the allowable pipe lengths. Nevertheless I'm pretty sure that the 1st one in the kitchen is fine, as you can buy a sink trap which has a connector for the washing machine.

The second one - not sure. I guess the main problem would be if the bath / shower were on different elevations, hence water flowing into one or the other, rather than to waste. Thus as you've got a BCO, better ask him/her.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

A running HepVo should work well as a one way valve in this situation.

Reply to
Toby

I wondered about that too as I was joining the cloakroom sink into the shower waste, but with the t-piece having a 90 degree corner on it we don't get that water coming up the shower. I also put in a drop out of the shower trap so that may be helping matters.

What I did outside was make sure both pipes have a 90 degree fall on 'em as soon as they leave the house....water'll have to be going some to get back up those :)

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy