Lion Television want to hear about your DIY renovation disasters now!

Is your house a DIY disaster zone? If so, we can help!

We would like to hear from you now if you have reached the end of your tether and your budget for a new home makeover television show.

Are you and your family are living on a building site?

Are your kids picking plaster out of their hair?

Does your kitchen need a sink but you have no money left to pay for it?

With our help, you can transform a disaster zone into domestic bliss.

Don?t put off getting help with your renovation any longer, get in touch now, call 0141 331 4986 or email us at snipped-for-privacy@liontv.co.uk

Reply to
Pauline B

Hmm. I think a lot of the people on here do building work for /other/ people, but maybe the cobbler's children really do have no shoes ;)

What, you mean there aren't enough of them?

Ooo, couldn't you have suggested that a few months ago :(

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Well I know a bloke where this has got so bad that one house is now more or less uninhabitable and he is now working on his other house. it seems some people have no concept of finishing one job before starting another one. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No subscriber to this newsgroup could possibly have a DIY disaster, if they did they could not possibly admit it! ;-))

Reply to
Moonraker

this is really a place where people ask. Serial failures are people that dont ask.

NT

Reply to
NT

They might come and take your bath away for you ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

So, now that DIY SOS has moved on to the Big Build, someone else is eyeing up the smaller jobs.

Just make sure you have a good narrative arc, with plenty of opportunity for jeopardy.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

You need a list of Dr Dribbles customers

The other day and saw a van with 'international van of mystery' above the cab. I never noticed if there were any water leaks or double bolier flues.

Reply to
The Other Mike

One of the kids nominated us for DIY SOS some years ago, and we made it to the last 8 (for a series of 6). One of the things which went against us was the difficulty of parking numerous crew vehicles.

Reply to
newshound

I'm sure I remember a short-lived series where proper builders/etc contrasted what was shown in DIY shows the the proper way of doing things.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Can I have a free kitchen?

BTW I once did the electrics for a Richard and Judy makeover show.

I installed the same light fitting in 2 rooms different just for the cameras. The TV company only had one light fitting.

The TV crew also made it look like the job was done before 5pm (5pm being the pretend time when the surprised owner of the house arrived home). I left the job at 7pm and the owner of the house was still sat in her wheelchair in the Earl of Doncaster.

I left when they were moving the only bed they had from bedroom one to bedroom two for the camera shot.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The camera *always* lies.

Reply to
Huge

In message , Huge writes

Are you suggesting that some TV programs may not be totally genuine? Surely not!

Reply to
Bill

Films have been lying for over a Century now, one of the first hit movies used special effects.

2:-
in 1902, using double exposure and other tricks such as stopping the camera and model shots. Melie was the first master of the special effect.

You'll either hate or love the modern sound track. Sorry, but at least you can turn it off...

As for cameras lying, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was famously deceived (As were many experts) by the "Fairies in the garden" shots made by a couple of young girls.

Reply to
John Williamson

In message , The Other Mike writes

Were the lights a bit dIMM?