Subject Author Posted Replies

BBC Top Gear Magazine UK – September 2012
BBC Top Gear Magazine UK =96 September 2012 world reknowned brand brings you a mixture of inaccesible supercars as well as reviews on the more sensible options and other motoring advice. BBC Top Gear...

This gutter needs cleaning
I cleaned it. the rain water run to the fall pipe:-)? The highest point seems to be where the guttering and the fall pipe meet. http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/bb/Gutter.JPGSo
39
39

Anyone feeling Google-generous for humidistats?
What I want for the bathroom is (see previous thread) not made by Manrose. Can't find the Xpelair version I had installed in a previous house about 20 years ago. I want to have a combined...
4
4

Basin & back nut wrench review
Maybe one for the Wiki, feel free to chip in. ------------------------------- Back nuts & tap connectors can be really difficult to remove due to age, corrosion & tight spaces. Several different tools...
9
9

Manrose electrical equipment
I'm trying to design the layout for bathroom fans and Manrose kit seems to come up a lot cheaper than brands such as Xpelair. Sometimes a quarter of the price, although I am finding it difficult to...
9
9

Electrical maintenance - tripping main breaker with earth/neutral contact
Modern (and ancient) circuit breakers are on the live wire. So when they trip (or are turned off) they break the circuit but leave neutral and earth connected. I can't be the only one to have knocked...
17
17

Mending a plastic knob
I have a fairly cheap shower with plastic windows. One of the knobs holding a shower window to the top rail has broken. The part that is broken is a hard plastic "washer", 1in in diameter and 1/4in...
3
3

Neon indicator for 3-way garage lights
My garage is attached to the house with a 3-way lighting circuit. Sometimes the family leave these lights on and this is only discovered when someone goes outside and notices the fact. One of the...
37
37

OT The neighbours are still good fun
She has just been round to ask to look at my CCTV as she had found a pair of trousers in the house that are not hers.
6
6

drains and manholes, part one
Hi, Some may remember that my patio does not have a slope nor any drainage, so when it rains heavily, water pools. The slabs are uneven so I would like to lift and re-lay the patio one day, and would...
19
19

Multimeter
Yes, I know, I've over-simplified here.
136
136

Leaky house cont.
Some time ago I posted about my damp 1928 detached house. What seems like dozens of "experts" have looked at the place and a consensus emerged that one of the problems was the roof verges at two of...

tile grouting - technique ?
Most of the rounded edge tiles you get now do not have any glaze down the s= ides of the tile, and the glaze ends on the tapered section. So the grout c= annot be much below the surface of the tile in...
8
8

The years is 2027
The year is 2027. The temperature of the earth has fallen 3 degrees overall as a new ice age dawns. With the demise of the UN, the IPCC has gone the way of all things, but one figure is shambling up a...
15
15

Source for old wallpaper?
Is there a good UK source for out-of-date (but not antique) wallpaper? Google only seems to throw up US (and hugely expensive) suppliers. Ideally, I'd like to match this pattern: I think must have...
10
10