Source for old wallpaper?

Is there a good UK source for out-of-date (but not antique) wallpaper? Google only seems to throw up US (and hugely expensive) suppliers. Ideally, I'd like to match this pattern:

I think must have been hung in the late seventies. I don't care if it's white or coloured, since it will be painted to match the existing area.

Many thanks,

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

I suspect it'll depend if it came from the wallpaper equivalent of Royal Doulton, or Poundland. I did some looking into 80s paper a while back and drew a blank.

Maybe there's some way to duplicate the pattern and get some replacement made up? It's only the texture you care about, after all.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Dunno, but eBay for anaglypta gets 182 patterns to search through, probably worth searching for embossed or patterned as well.

Reply to
newshound

That looks like an anaglypta.

All wallpaper shops should stock them or at least have a book you can order them from

The same kind of textured paper is also sold under the Lincrusta brand.

You may be in luck as many patterns for heavily textured papers haven't changed since Victorian times - to look at them any way.

here's a link to Google images of anaglyptas

michael adams

michael adams

lining paper, polyfilla and a syringe. Find someone who's good at cake decorating.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

But wallpaper shops seem to be extremely thin on the ground these days (or is it just in my area?). B&Q and Homebase stock wallpaper, and the former actually has a decent selection of textured whites (though not specifically labeled "Anaglypta") but nothing even close to what I'm after.

Thanks for the thought, though, and the Google link - I haven't found a match there either, sadly. But I'll keep searching.

Many thanks to everyone who replied.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

It's not anaglypta, it's a blown vinyl and I'm fairly sure it's still made. A blown vinyl has polystyrene 'blown' onto it during manufacture - the raised 'fans' in your paper are polystyrene.

Look through your local directories and find paint and wallpaper supplies - stay away from the sheds as they are useless

Reply to
Phil L

Ah, that's encouraging, thanks, and the correct technical term is useful to know. I've now located an establishment which claims to be the best wallpaper shop in Kent ("50,00 rolls and over 300 pattern books to choose from") and I've emailed them my sample photo. I might be lucky...

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

I live in Kent, any chance of posting the link to the site?

I have some ceiling paper that I need one roll of, it's only a decade old but can't find a supplier and ceilings are a bastid to paper

Reply to
Nthkentman

It's Astra Décor in Sittingbourne:

luck with your ceiling paper.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Well, I emailed Astra Décor with a pic of the paper I'm trying to match, but over a week later I still haven't received an acknowledgement, let alone a reply.

So it seems that they're not "the best wallpaper shop in Kent" after all.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules