This gutter needs cleaning

I cleaned it.

the rain water run to the fall pipe:-)?

The highest point seems to be where the guttering and the fall pipe meet.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

afterwards.

Reply to
pcb1962

I did not have to clean up.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth writes

That's no gutter - its a roof garden ...

Have to go hydroponic now

Reply to
geoff

Please be careful leaning sideways on ladders like that. (He who smashed his ankle falling off a ladder)

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Try doing it bit more often ARW!

There's a good, sarcastic comment there about the above question and ladder safety - but I'll refrain.

Seriously though, over that distance, about 1/2" of fall to the outlet should be sufficient for a self-cleaning action. Now you've cleaned it chuck a bucket of water down it and see what happens (if you already have, then ignore that bit and carry on) - if it doesn't run away or puddles, then the answer is obvious.

Whip off the gutter and re-align the brackets to get the correct fall - btw, theoretically the gutter should work even if it's level all the way, but you will ultimately end up with the problem that you have now after a fair bit of time (which was probably started by the sand falling off the concrete tiles and hanging in the gutter, giving the chance for the vegetation to grow).

If it's only the outlet that's high, and you have a bit of leeway on the end of the gutter, it may be possible just to drop the outlet and that'll sort the problem out (depends on how lucky you are there) OR stick a wedge under the corner of the house on the other end to pick the building up to get a fall - or send for you-know-who from Medway to give you a hand.

All the best with it - and clean it out every couple of years once you've resolved the problem.

Reply to
Unbeliever

And it can be used for the debris from the gutter.

Reply to
PeterC

It's not my gutter.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

This was a good one. YMMD. Thanks, Sir!

Reply to
Matthias Czech

Take the outlet off and drop it down an inch...you may need to take the bracket off closest to the outlet and drop that down a bit too.

And I wouldn't have climbed up that ladder for a gold clock - it was way to far away from the house at the bottom, I prefer my ladders almost upright, the way you had it, it's a cert that the bottom will kick out one day, and you'll end up through the window

Reply to
Phil L

Extending drain rods with a drop scraper - saves moving the ladder.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Two things I noted - firstly the camera was on a slight zoom - foreshortening the apparent length of the ladder and making it appear at a a shallower angle than I suspect it actually was. (there was a brief shot showing more of a side on view which seemed to support this). Also the ground appeared to slope quite steeply toward the house - this can mean the opposite problem also exists; go for the "right" angle, the bottom of the ladder could slip toward the house and cause the top to fall away from it.

(personally I would not have gone up that particular ladder, but only because it looked like one of those lightweight DIY spec ones that seem to have serious objections to the combination of me and gravity at about the midspan! (feeling rather like they are going to fold sideways))

Reply to
John Rumm

Typical Tyke, only a bit of the tale just to whet the appetite eh - and a 'phishing' trip to see who you can hook?

Nice one though. LOL

Reply to
Unbeliever

The ladders were at such an angle as that is where they were safe. The garden slopes towards the house I kicked the feet of the ladders into angle of the lawn where it stops sloping and becomes horizontal.

Lightweight DIY ladders my arse:-). These are class 1 ladders used on a 3:1 not a 4:1 playing field.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In which case I beg their pardon ;-)

(perhaps you are heavier that you look, or more likely, I don't normally get to see how much my ladders wobble about under my weight!)

Reply to
John Rumm

hmm, I'm still trying to work it out. Does a bucket means something else in your part of the world?

Reply to
pcb1962

I felt comfortable on them, I had no tools to carry and I did climb them faster than normal. It's easy to climb a ladder on a such a gradient.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I think that was due to the camera zoom. There's a shot where it looks to be at a more sensible angle, then seems to shift as the camera pans

Reply to
geoff

My gutter is two doors away.

And that is not working at heights IMHO.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

3:07 "Put it straight Adam!"
Reply to