He did close it after I shouted

ARW

Thot u woz lunnun not Barnsley...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I work in most places.

Reply to
ARW

Full marks to the passenger I assume was holding the phone so as to show your view of the car :)

Reply to
Robin

They did a good job:-)

Reply to
ARW

It was one of those cases where I kept a distance. I did not want the driver of the car to think it was road rage and panic him. I waited until the road junction where he turns right to tell him his boot was open.

I also left as a big gap between myself and the car at the junction.

Reply to
ARW

It can be quite dangerous because if you don't have the front windows down, exhaust fumes can get sucked into the car.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Unless you did have the windows down, how could you not notice the change in sound of the boot being open? Even a door being not quite closed is very noticeable. Plus very few cars these days don't have a warning for door or boot open. I can't understand how someone could accidentally leave it open.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

There were two of them?

Reply to
Jerome

Steve Walker brought next idea :

Easy, maybe left open was not accidental. Perhaps he was driving a short distance and left it open intentionally for cooling in the hot weather.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Yes, I can understand leaving it open by mistake, but not driving for some distance like that and needing someone else to warn you.

If it was for cooling, it's a stupid idea and will make little difference over having all the windows open.

I have travelled with my boot open when transporting oversized items, but always with a towel or cloth on the items, the boot lid pulled down onto them and strapped down. The alternative is a speed hump or the wind at speed slamming it down with consequent damage. On many cars (the one in the video included), unless the boot lid is reasonably down, the numberplate is not visible either.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Schizophrenic...