Lamello Pinlock/Invis MX

Interesting, if nothing else:

?v=wz8nCh-obEs&feature=related

Reply to
Swingman

to:

Swingman

tiredofspam

Pretty cool and obviousely intended for the assembly to be disassembled.

Weeks or months later I wonder how one would remember where each connector is at. I wonder if the magnet detects the embedded piece much like a magnetic stud sensor.

Reply to
Leon

And also cool...

Leon

>I've seen something like that (on TV?) that was being shown as a way to do blind fastening of stair rails/balusters/posts. That must have been about the time period you mention.

Reply to
John McGaw

Didn't bother to mention that Lamello's concept for woodwork was introduced in 2001 because I totally forgot for a second that the most important point of interest to the average woodworker on the wRec these days was who saw it first.

After all, gotta have something to proud of when it come to woodworking, eh?

Reply to
Swingman

Leon

>>> And also cool... >

Reply to
Steve Turner

>>> Pretty cool and obviousely intended for the assembly to be disassembled. >

I can only think of one use for my possible purposes at the moment ... a hidden recess in a wall panel for valuables, or your stash.

As far as the magnet, don't leave home without it. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

I recently used these on a job in Manhattan. The client wanted some BIG ca= binets/bookshelves that wouldn't fit into the old elevators and were to big= to even carry up the stairs fully assembled. So we shipped them mostly fl= at and used the INVIS thingies to assemble them. Pretty slick, but pretty = fussy. =20

Reply to
JayPique

cabinets/bookshelves that wouldn't fit into the old elevators and were to big to even carry up the stairs fully assembled. So we shipped them mostly flat and used the INVIS thingies to assemble them. Pretty slick, but pretty fussy.

That's cool, having first hand experience. How about stability, and did you get a sense of longevity? IOW, do you think they will last?

I've had a couple of small jobs where clients have wanted something that would have benefited from the technology.

Do your recall approximately what it added to the cost?

Thanks

Reply to
Swingman

And I thought it was just me.. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

You mean like you Festools? ;~)

It would be my luck the thing/outside tool would break. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Simple, buy a Makita track saw and use it as a spare key.

Reply to
Swingman

LOL....yeah that would not be a waste... Don't fo get the Makita shop vac! :~)

Reply to
Leon

Steve Turner wrote in news:jmih4b$nr9$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I know why you can't understand - the guy doesn't speak Dutch.

Reply to
Han

Your mean Spanish. LOL

Reply to
Leon

What's up with all you secret e-mail testing?

Reply to
Leon

You tell me. Are you seeing nothing in them? Your replies have nothing in them.

Reply to
Swingman