Lamello Pinlock/Invis MX

Reply to
Robatoy

Heh heh heh. A 3# drilling hammah is much cheaper and can be used as a key for many more things.

I got the replacement track yesterday and it's much less bent than the first one. (actually nice and flat this time)

Why? I have one of the little ShopVac 5 gallon models with a nice cleanstream filter on it. Total cost about $55, and only about twice as loud as a CT 26. Now to see if it fits the Makita plunge saur dust port...newp. ShopVac 1.25od, Makita port 1.375id/1.5od. The large end is 2.3". Time for 2 adapters. One for the ShopVac (site work) and one for the 4" DC. Both will fit nicely inside the Maktainer which came with the saur.

-- You can either hold yourself up to the unrealistic standards of others, or ignore them and concentrate on being happy with yourself as you are. -- Jeph Jacques

Reply to
Larry Jaques

=20 Once we realized we had less wiggle room than we thought as far as hole ali= gnment they worked very effectively - for our application. We were attachi= ng finished sides to large bookcases, and the sides had stopped dados in th= em to house the shelves. So really they were only required to be stable in= tension - which they did well. They snug up really tight - and my guess i= s that the ratcheting action could pull the threaded insert right out if yo= u weren't careful. My guess is that that they will stay tight for many yea= rs, given the fixed nature of the cabinets.

I'd be interested in this type of thing that could be tightened in a differ= ent orientation - namely flat to a wall. =20

I think the kit cost ~$375 which included 20 fasteners. Each additional fa= ster cost 5 bucks. So they aren't cheap. But they are fairly quick and ea= sy to install, although I definitely recommend making a drilling jig versus= just measuring and marking. This was part of a change order for us, so we= billed the client. We were physically unable to get the assembled cabinet= s up to the 14th floor and into their condo! =20

Reply to
JayPique

[...]

Thanks. A bit steep for a one-off, but solutions for tough problems usually are, and probably cheaper in the long run. In any event it sounds like they're sufficiently robust for the right application. I get lots of problem solving projects, so tucking this one away for future reference ... good to know, just that little bit of description shines a lot of light on appropriate use ... thanks for the feedback.

Reply to
Swingman