Subject Author Posted Replies

drains and manholes, part one
Hi, Some may remember that my patio does not have a slope nor any drainage, so when it rains heavily, water pools. The slabs are uneven so I would like to lift and re-lay the patio one day, and would...
19
19

Multimeter
Yes, I know, I've over-simplified here.
136
136

Leaky house cont.
Some time ago I posted about my damp 1928 detached house. What seems like dozens of "experts" have looked at the place and a consensus emerged that one of the problems was the roof verges at two of...

tile grouting - technique ?
Most of the rounded edge tiles you get now do not have any glaze down the s= ides of the tile, and the glaze ends on the tapered section. So the grout c= annot be much below the surface of the tile in...
8
8

The years is 2027
The year is 2027. The temperature of the earth has fallen 3 degrees overall as a new ice age dawns. With the demise of the UN, the IPCC has gone the way of all things, but one figure is shambling up a...
15
15

Source for old wallpaper?
Is there a good UK source for out-of-date (but not antique) wallpaper? Google only seems to throw up US (and hugely expensive) suppliers. Ideally, I'd like to match this pattern: I think must have...
10
10

multitools
The various brands all seem to have these oscillating multi tools. Does anyone have any comparative experience? In other words, which is best? Bill
5
5

Repairing microwave oven
Four years ago I paid £60 for an LG Microwave oven with a grill from Tescos. Now the microwave part does not work. Electricity is getting through since the grill still works. Is there anything that...
22
22

kudos shower seals
anyone know of a source for "push on" clear(ish) silicone extrusions that fit to the edges of glass shower doors? Specifically a Kudos quadrant shower with a side pivoting door... Looked on Ebay and...
9
9

Aldi randomness. And...
That's one of the things I really love about that shop, the totally random nature of some of their special offers. Sunday the 26th, they are selling wheelbarrow wheels! Bizarre. On a more sensible...
8
8

Is this a gas connector?
I just found this (under a home-made blanking box) in the sixties bungalow I'm renovating for sale: 's in the kitchen wall, just below and slightly to the side of the electric switch plate for a...
4
4

Women and DIY
prepared to admit to it? http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/a/aa/Ladies.jpgAnyone
68
68

Cutting Ceramic wall tiles - using an angle grinder
Faced with the problem of cutting a few ceramic wall tiles I cam across the idea of using a diamond disc and angle grinder. I have a segmented diamond disc but notice screwfix only suggests smooth...
10
10

waterproofing canvas
I need to waterproof the caravan awning which seems to be good old-school canvas and is now leaking where you touch it when it's raining outside. Any recommendations (for or against) particular...
11
11

Pocket doors
Sounds like something for a garment to add extra security...... We need a sliding door which slides inside a stud wall. Has anyone installed one and/or can recommend one? Cheers Dave R
9
9