Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Absolutely brilliant video. (Mars Landing.)
"How To get to Mars" is a clip from the IMAX documentary "Roving Mars" from 2006. This is an edited short version. My photos: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/105656643463219506384/+aheli DVD - Roving...
5
5

Wood preservative for "log cabin"
Just ordered a "log cabin" for the garden, i.e. a heavy duty summerhouse / shed in 28 mm softwood. The floor bearers come pressure treated, but what treatment would the assembled company apply to the...
1
1

Deactivating one's own house alarm?
The house here is fitted with an alarm system. The batteries in the wireless sensors motion sensors and the keypad in the hall died very soon after moving in a couple of years ago, and it has remained...
11
11

Require unbreakable ! mobile 3G connection ( dongle )
Guys , mnay thanks in advance for your help and know it will be copious and send me off in many creative directions to come up with a solution , im looking forward to it Criteria is to have a...
24
24

More powerful tubular latch needed
I have a problem with door handles! We've changed 15 doors in a total house refurb, and the chosen door handles (lever type) don't have springs to return to horizontal and the tubular latch hasn't the...
5
5

OT - watching the start of the Belgian Grand Prix
First response was "Bloody Hell!" as cars flew everywhere. Second response was more DIY - the stewards are using the wrong type of broom - what they need is a good soft yard broom to move all that...
19
19

glass "balustrade"
Mate of mine building a deck - I suggested he might conisder having a glass panelled "balustrade" around the edge with the view... anyone got experiences of this sort of thing? ISTR someone on here...
24
24

Angle grinder use
12
12

A nice day off work and a chance to do some DIY
Apart from someone in Worksop has just phoned to say their fusebox has caught fire. It's going to cost him.
22
22

Restrictor Elbow. Still required in this day & age?
What's it for? Traditionally this was a 90 degree elbow in the gas supply to a domestic gas fire containing a screw which could regulate or stop the flow of gas but you needed one or more tools to do...
2
2

Ceramic basin drain installation
I am installing a new ceramic handbasin, which came with a pop-up drain fitting. This part has three washers and a steel nut. One washer is soft (silicone?) and thin, one is soft and fat (with a kind...
3
3

Bathroom - do unit doors need to match vanity unit?
I've put a gloss white vanity unit in the bathroom. The plan was to match it up to some units with gloss white doors. Now 'she' has decided that she wants purple doors. So I am wondering if a white...
2
2

Installing Towel Radiator
I want to replace a 63cm X 60cm radiator in the bathroom with a towel radiator as a straight swap. It's an open vented CH system. I thought it was just a question of turning off the inlet and outlet...
5
5

Concealed cistern access
I have a back to wall bog fed from a concealed cistern in a vanity unit. The lid of the vanity unit is going to end up under a worktop and i'm struggling to think of a way to neatly allow access to...
11
11

Painting Doors - Tops and Bottoms
I have always thought that the tops and bottoms of doors should not be painted. And this seemed to be confirmed by the fact that almost every door I ever noticed was indeed unpainted top and bottom....
7
7