2 gang dimmer that fits a 2 gang backbox

I have just swapped/altered the lights at friends house and now I need a 2 gang dimmer to fit a 2 gang back box. The existing switch is a 3 gang dimmer in brass and is fitted to a 47mm deep 2 gang back box in a breeze wall. Any attempt to change the backbox will result in damage to the hallway walls as it is sunk in so deep.

MK do a flatplate version but all she wants is a white plastic normal profile switch. Anyone seen one?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:40:49 GMT, "ARWadsworth" mused:

Some of the dimmers with higher ratings come on double plates for the cooling aspect, maybe look for >1000W dimmers? Otherwise, grid switches.

Reply to
Lurch

or fit 2 single dimmers (less faceplates) to one double blanking plate.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Grid looks worse than brass.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

There are a whole lot of different options for the MK Grid system, including different faceplates, knobs and switches. Most wholesalers stock only the industrial steel rounded stuff with white inserts and the plain white plastic, but there are at least 10 more different ranges in their catalogue available to order.

There are some location restrictions for the dimmers however - basically density in a box - heat dissipation.

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 18:05:08 GMT, "ARWadsworth" mused:

You must use crap grids then, I've got a Crabtree 3 gang grid with 2 dimmers and a switch in the lounge, looks great. Also got loads of other grid switches in the house, all Crabtree, none of them look worse than brass.

What grid do you usually use?

Reply to
Lurch

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:50:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@care2.com mused:

I'd have thought I'd have remembered that one, I've done it before several times.

Reply to
Lurch

Probably cheaper as well.

Adam