2 gang switch with one gang as a momentary action

Is such a thing as a 2 gang lightswitch where one of the switches is a momentary action? I am sure it can be done with a grid switch but I would prefer to buy a "normal" switch if possible.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Why, and do you really think there is a commercial 'need' for a layout as described ? ...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:41:28 GMT, "ARWadsworth" strung together this:

Not off the shelf as I've seen. Click switches have interchangeable miodules, not sure if they do a momentary module though.

Reply to
Lurch

They certainly do a momentary architrave switch. It might fit. In fact I use Click to make a 2 gang with an intermediate when very occasionally needed.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well I want one so there is a need. I also cannot get a 2 gang with intermediate switches and they would be most useful in some cases,

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Depends what you mean by a "normal" switch. Grid Plus look pretty similar to MK's Logic Plus.

CPC have another make which look like some other "normal" switchplates. It doesn't say what make they are in the CPC catalogue, but looking on the back of one, they are "Scolmore". A google search reveals they have recently had web pages, but their DNS entries seem to no longer exist, which doesn't sound very promising. I used them where I needed 3 switches on a single width square plate, which MK gridswitch can't do. This range includes retractive (momentary action) action switches, key switches, etc.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I presume because of looks?

That's why I liked the old Crabtree rockergrid range - in plastic it near matched their standard stuff.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

City Electrical Factor do a range of Easy-Clip modules in half size format. It should be easy enough to get the two switches you want in the same single face plate with these. The Easy-Clip range also have touch dimmer and slide dimmer in half size format as well, which can fit easily into a single gang face plate as well. Do you have a CEF near you Adam?

Reply to
BigWallop

It will have to be a grid switch that I use. They are acutually not too bad. And yes it is for the looks that I wanted to buy such a switch.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth