TRV replacement: recommendations?

Our Drayton TRVs have been installed for around 20 years now and some don't seem to be as keen as they were.

Any recommendations for their replacement? Draytons (no particular model) seem to have been mentioned on here, as have Danfoss (RAS-C?). Is either of these significantly better than the other? Is there a third which I should get in preference to either of these?

TIA.

Just fitted some Pegler ones tonight, they seem very well made and designed (the pin valve assembly in particular looks less likely to jam than many that I have seen)

John Rumm

I'm happy with my Invensys ones. However, you may find you can get replacement heads for the Draytons with less tired capsules inside. That way, you can replace the dry part only in about 15 seconds each without even needing to drain down, or remove the valve.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

"Christian McArdle" wrote in news:41b58064$0$19162$ snipped-for-privacy@reading.news.pipex.net:

Hadn't realised you could do that. I'll see what I can find although a couple of the valves do stick closed once they've spent a few weeks like that in summer.

Interested to see that Pegler and Invensys have been recommended, but not Drayton or Danfoss which seem to have been previous favourites...

I'm sure the Draytons are excellent. They are also more expensive. However, this is one area where you don't want to go for the supermarket special. The more expensive makes do tend to last longer in this application.

Yes, it depends on the valve part being in good condition. Pressing the spindle down a few times might free stuck ones. Otherwise, you'll have to replace the whole lot.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Drayton is Invensys -

logized

they now call the "RT212". God knows who owned who when they were bought out, but they certainly didn't say Drayton on them at the time, even if they would now. It appears that they have placed the TRV4 as the flagship model, with the RT212 as the economy version.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Rumours have it that Invensys may be selling their "Climate Control Division" off, so what effect this will have on the product support is unclear. Probably chaos if my source is to be believed.

FWIW, I have used Drayton TRV3s for some years with no problems at all, but I do recall hearing others slag them off (hence my not endorsing them before). I would buy them again though.

Reply to
Coherers