Non spring-return CH zone valves?

My CH system currently has two 2-port zone valves - made by Satchwell Sunvic. The motors drive one way to open and the other to close. No power used once in position. I should like to add a third zone but all the common valves I have found from my usual suppliers - screwfix/toolstation (Honeywell, Drayton, Danfoss etc) seem to be the spring back type. Is there a replacement available of the same type as the Sunvic?

Geo

Reply to
Geo

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:32:56 GMT, Geo mused:

Think they are well obselete now. Usually I just rip them out and alter the wiring to suit the new valves. I'd suggest doing the same.

Reply to
Lurch

You can still buy them and they were advertised in the trade mags last year during a relaunch.

Do a google on sunvic MOMO.

I'm sure that there are pennies difference in running costs for these and the spring return variety. Im not a fan of the sunvic and danfoss 'sliding gate' valve as they are prone to seizing if not used for a while. Despite their cost the honeywell valve seem to be a standard now.

There is even a very good pirated copy of the honeywell valve which is identical other than the honeywell engraving. Seimens also have a honeywell lookalikey which is interesting in that it closes the microswitch when you move the lever, unlike the honeywell!

Martyn

Reply to
Martyn Pollard

Do you mean Tower, as sold by Toolstation? If so what do you mean by 'very good' - that it looks convincingly like a Honeywell or that you've run thousands of them for 20 years at a time? :-)

My previous experience of Tower would be summed up by a word derived from the name of a WC inventor.

Reply to
John Stumbles

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 06:41:15 GMT, John Stumbles mused:

Yes, I'd agree with all of that. Most peoples 'very good' is based on the use of one tem for a week.

Reply to
Lurch

Found it - what a daft name - sound like a 2 year old did ther marketing. But also found a supplier at about £27.

I just dont like the idea of the permanent energisation.

But I bought into the V2000 video recorder system...

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Motor On Motor Off, the name for them. They are very useful.

If all zone valves were these and pumps "Smart" pumps like the Grundfoss Alpha or Wilo Smart, a power station or two could be turned off - and across Europe even more.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Here are some photos of a Honeywell and the lookalike version. They seem very similar yet there are subtle differences if you look closely. I bought them from a plumbing merchant in Watford.

we are on the subject of 22mm MOMO valves, this is a Honeywell version. The actuator is 24 volt and it is a divertor with hot water priority. If you remove all power it will stay in its current position rather than spring back. I don't know if honeywell do these in 240v and 2 port versions. I gave up trying to look for them on the honeywell website.

Martyn Pollard