Horstmann Zone valves

Foolishly I succumbed to intense miserliness in the spring when I fitted 4 F222 zone valves to control my rather strange fully-zoned central heating. The Horstmann F222 was only =C2=A323 from BES, while a pukka Honeywell V4043 jobby is over =C2=A350.

Now one of the synchronous motors has blown, and further research, and my mate who is a plumber, confirms these have bad reputation for doing this. Fortunately they are all very very accessible.

I have no problems with BES, who are shipping a replacement, nor even of Horstmann, whose Customer Service have told me that if I have any problems in the 2 year warranty they will replace the head themselves.

What I'm wondering though is if it would be better to replace the synchronous motors if they fail with better quality ones. It's and easy 5 minute job with a small soldering iron. If so, where to get good quality motors?

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow