Running mains to bottom of garden

Having a rather large garden I need 2 long extension leads to reach the bottom. There I have a pond from which I am pumping water to water my vegetable patch, it is a bit of a pain running the extension leads down and back. Now bearing in mind that it will only be used in dry weather and in the Summer is it practical to run cabling down on a semi permanent basis. If so what cable specification should I use, I envisage plugging it in to a 13 amp plug when needed and having a waterproof socket on the bottom end. As I have a strong wire mesh fence all the way down I thought of attaching the cable to this fence about 2' above ground. Viable or not please?

Reply to
Broadback

It should really be done as permanent wiring, which isn't supposed to be clipped along fences.

However you could try something like Multi-flex

is the sort of stuff used for temporary wiring to porticabins etc on building sites.

TLC only have 3 core up to 2.5mm, depending on length and load you may need heavier stuff.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It would be better done as a permanent wiring job. SWA is probably the best bet.

You may find some useful stuff in this article that we have been putting together recently:

John Rumm