Joining mains cables

I have one of these surge-protected 6-socket extension leads with a 2 metre cable, but this is not long enough. I looked inside, but the cable is clamped rather than attached to screw-in terminals.

What is the best way of attaching another cable?

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Rob Morley

(It is needed to join a pump cable inside a large water fountain)

I have seen the ones designed for SWA cable, where you pour resin into them - Could I just use this? (The cable looks like 1mm flex)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

cut the wiers off inside leaving tails, and joint the wires with screwblocks, solder, crimps etc.

Easier to buy a new 6 way tho, theyre very cheap. Unless youer running on a small generator the surge function is a waste of time.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Not the same shape, but similar principle: B&Q have submersible connectors - about £8 I think.

Roger

Reply to
romic

How about buying a single gang extension lead of the requird length and plugging the six way into that?

Reply to
Richard Conway

How about:

's IP68 which means submersible for long periods under pressure AIUI

David

Reply to
Lobster