Subject Author Posted Replies

DPF
Diesel Particulate Filters. If you have a diesel car might be of interest. http://www.evolutionchips.co.uk/Diesel_Particulate_Filter_Removal_DPF.html?gclid=CPLYoJeYxLQCFW_KtAodxwEAJw

CPC free del
Just noticed, CPC free del until 23:59 1st Jan on orders over £10 + vat, usual rules apply, see site for details: what was it I forgot the last time? http://cpc.farnell.com/Now
4

Wonderful timing for a failure.
11 o'clock last night turned the shower off and climbed out. It was still trickling a bit, so I turned it off and on again. And again. Then full on and off. The valve has stuck open. After getting...
13
13

transparent ceiling tiles
Hi I have a real, genuine retro bathroom, and amongst one of its features is a suspended ceiling with squares of transparent plastic tiles (perspex/acryilic??). Strip lights above them provide...
10
10

Grout film
Just finished the tiling in the bathroom, now to remove the traces of grout film. What do the panel think, grout film remover or buffing pad on a drill?
25
25

Unjamming a keyless chuck
I have a fairly new (~2yrs) £50 orange Black and Decker cordless drill, and the standard keyless chuck has jammed "open". Any ideas on how to free it up (brute force seems not to work).
17
17

200 Lumen/Watt LED announced
I see that cree have announced a power LED that produces 200 lumens/watt: "Two years after breaking the 200 lumens-per-watt (LPW) R&D efficacy barrier, Cree, Inc. (Nasdaq: CREE) delivers another...
20
20

Central Heating header tank location/water head
Just surveying positions for the header tank... (Please don't say sealed system - I am committed to a vented system) Now, most of the CH is downstairs and I have a nice position for the header tank...
13
13

Three position wall switches?
I think mk make a 3 position grid switch, if 20A is enough. 8-)
11
11

TNP's Xmas pressy - better late than never
... Here is a source for numbers: > The Institution of Engineers and Shipbuilders in Scotland > These estimates of levelised cost have been produced by Colin Gibson, China show how to get cheap and...
20
20

Water hardness tester: any recommendations?
Not much point. Water comes out soft, 0 ppm hardness. You'll get some hardn= ess if the resin is approaching exhaustion/regeneration, the flow rate thro= ugh the softener is too high, if the flow rate...
9
9

how to measure wattage?
The easiest way is to resistance test new and old lamps and compare. If you want more info, cold resistance is somewhere in the region of a tenth hot resistance. NT
31
31

Lashing a satellite dish to a chimney (max size?)
Besides, poles tend to sing and vibrate probably the last thing you want in a sat dish I'd have thought. Brian
9
9

OT (?): Insurance - theiving bastards
Some of them will cover named items for you at a low rate but you just know that whatever explodes or gets stolen will not be that item.. grin. Brian
28
28

What is cheapest Wifi-enabled device I can buy to test wifi access?
I thought of that point, too. But in households where Cat5 is considered as ancient as Bakelite telephones, it seems only wifi is acceptable! And said relative IS coming specifically to help me...
53
53