Subject Author Posted Replies

Moving a 200kg rad
Short of getting four of us to manhandle the thing, anyone got any bright ideas to move a 200kg radiator like this one: I did think of a couple of sack trucks, one at each end, but I think it'll bend...
28
28

7/32" BSW screw
Following up from my previous thread. I am going to try and tap a 7/32" BSW countersunk screw 10 mm long I have found the following dies: '7/32 BSW dies' ( 'Rotagrip - 04) 7/32 x 24 BSW HSS Die 13/16"...
7
7

Tap and Die set
I got this metric tap and die set: 'Laser 4554 Metric Tap & Die Set 110pc: Car & Motorbike' ( I have not yet used it, but I don't feel that the quality is that good. Can someone point me to a good...
1
1

Oil drum incererator design
Wanting to make one of these for myself to burn garden waste and household rubbish and maybe in time to make something to heat the garage in winter. Came across this web site with design details for a...
19
19

Tap and Die for thread repair
I have a Waterfront brass paper holder C240 in antique gold, cost new 160 'Paper Holder - C240 | Waterfront Designer Bathrooms' ( with a worn out thread in the screwed union inside the ball between...
14
14

where do i buy a gorilla ladder in the UK
Hi Looking to buy a gorilla A frame ladder in the UK the closer to London the better, cant find one anywhere on line
2
2

Woohoo...
A couple of pairs of work strides I bought a couple of years ago in the sure and certain knowledge I would fit into them eventually, have yeilded up to me. Fantastic - not a burst seam in sight, in...
4
4

LED Strip lights on LUL
Whilst standing on the platform at Moorgate waiting for a train I observed that the "strip light" tubes had "LED only" above them. Have LUL adopted LED tubes instead of fluorescent tubes?
7
7

Fixing worktop upstands
One job outstanding with my kitchen is to fit the upstands to the back of the worktops. Rather than wait for the builder to come back, I might as well do it myself. Just wondering what adhesives to...
5
5

OT "Saver" bashed tins
Whenever I go to the supermarket I see that the "Saver" range of tinned goods have a very high proportion of dented tins. In my innocent youth I used to believe that tins that were dented on the...
26
26

Grit roller drive ideas
Some of you may already have come across caravan movers, but for those who have not I will try to explain... They are basically an add on item for a caravan, to enable it to be moved along via a...
15
15

Flies !
For the past few days, our house has been plagued with flies. Small ones (I'm not an expert. They are small and black). Not bluebottles. Our HV zapper seems useless. And we're not big fans of...
10
10

Shower head
How does this work then? Mike http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-6F370450-A4347997/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=4816
7
7

Un-levelling compound
OK, I know the usual self-levelling compound isn't really self-levelling. I have a porch floor that I need to raise the level by 30mm to meet a cill level at the front and 40mm at the back to meet the...
8
8

3M VHB tape
I just bought a GoPro Hero video camera (to mount on my race car). It came with a grab bag of mounting hardware, although sadly not a standard tripod mount (*). It does have a selection of "stick-on"...
6
6