Subject Author Posted Replies

how to edge concrete?
I am making a new concrete path around the house. Concrete edges are at risk of breaking off if they are too sharp, so I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what I should do to round the edge....
4
4

One wheel drive
I'm making a 4-wheeled trolley to move a welder slowly along steel tracks. A geared electric motor will drive it very slowly, say 5mm per second or fa ster as necessary. I intend driving just one...
38
38

wickes makita prices
quite impressed with Wicks (sp) latest Makita power tool pricing- just boug ht a 9" ankle grinder for 115 - toolsatan was 113 for exact same. the W price for a makita sds drill seemed fair too in...
9
9

OT Lima Peru
I have visited the jail there. They used to let tourists in to buy knick knacks the prisoners made. (That all finished when tourists were taken hostage a few years back) They ain't gonna like it...

More eco stuff on fossil and renewables
Predictable but sad, really. Someone hasn't worked out that power companies won't run fossil fuel plants at zero profit just to subsidise renewables. Cheers Dave R
1
1

Interesting blog on fracking
Don't think it has been posted here before. No doubt it will be ignored by the greenwash NIMBYs. Cheers Dave R http://www.rationaloptimist.com/blog/the-five-myths-about-fracking-%281%
329
329

Shed project - gambrel roof
I really fancy a gambrel roof, probably adapted from this design: The question is - how the hell do they tile them? What do they do at the interface between the pitched roof section and the near...
18
18

Shed project - foundations
Hi, Have touched on this before... But some new thoughts. Will be hand building a shed - approx 3x2-2.5m (garden tools, DIY materials, random) - and it will go quite near a shared sewer line (about 1m...
8
8

Flat roof problems
Flat roof problems We're in an old Victorian house. The lounge has a large bay window which has a flat roof which is used as a balcony for the bedroom above. The balcony is 4m wide at its maximum by...
12
12

OT electric cars. New method of charging on the move.
Electric/Hybrid - Korean technologists unveil revolutionary EVs that charge right from the road - Renewable Energy Magazine, at the heart of clean energy journalism
12
12

tarmac pothole repair
I'm looking for some pothole repair material for the drive at my golf club. The last stuff we bought was from Ennis Prismo at £21+VAT per 25kg bag, or £10.50 +VAT per bag for 40 bags (i.e. 1...
3
3

stopping and clearing mould on walls.
For my son so dont know the extent of it, I use bleach on tiled walls however this is a place he rents and the mould is on plasterboard walls so would bleach cause an issue or is there anything...
4
4

OT Elephant et m I-phone.
Bit of light relief! Liveleak.com -
11
11

Pole/post information please
I wish to get a post on which to mount 3 bird tables. Ideally I would also like arms to fit this post, the post should be about 7ft above ground. I have seen an ideal one on a near neighbours property...
29
29

New bolt for lawn shears
I have a perfectly good pair of lawn edging shears but the bolt has sheared . They are Jenks and Cattell and quite a few years old (40+). The bolt look s like a special. it is about 0.25 ins dia, 0.75...
8
8