Subject Author Posted Replies

shower trim
Our walk in shower (20 years old) has developed a leak around the shower trim. I have taken it off and temporarily sealed the base with silicon gel. I am looking for a replacement shower trim but...

100+ psi tyre pump ...
SWMBO new wheelchair has quite narrow pneumatic tyres which should be inflated to about 100psi. The rechargeable RING tyre inflator we got from Halfords only goes to 60. I tried with a double barrel...
29
29

Square aerials (OT)
Some of the CCTV cameras I see have a square aerial near them (I presume it is an aerial). There also used to be some devices on buildings that looked a bit like a large CCTV camera but was clearly...
27
27

Using wireless for live audio
I'm wondering if it's possible to use wireless communications to stream audio for a small amateur live gig. The idea is to use powered speakers with wireless links to avoid loads of snaking cables....
13
13

Oops - clean charcoal off
Or more precisely, charporridge. Its welded firmly to the ceramic container. What's the easiest way to clean it off? thanks, NT
25
25

OT. RT.
Anyone else watch RT? What does the panel think about Max Keiser? Barking or prescient? Mischievous Russian propaganda? He seemed to get some stuff right today.
2
2

The antithesis to the Dark Internet; the Bright Internet
At work we have our network kit mounted on the wall. The idea is that we can show people exactly what kit we have - two modems, a Meraki device for load balancing, etc. Part of the concept was that we...
6
6

possible high winds...
Some of the pundits on a weathersite my wife hangs out on are mumbling in their beards about possible winds up to category three hurricane status that might hit the UK about the end of the month....
56
56

Wooden door Catching
Have an old solid mahogony front door that has just started really sticking. Connected I think to the onset of the damp weather here. For the life of me, i cannot see where its chaffing. There doesn't...
4
4

glass for a fanlight....
been asked to help out with a new fanlight (window above a door to let light in to internal corridor). Stud wall so seems plain sailing - only - how thick glass should be put in? apparently there are...
15
15

It never rains - RCBO tripping
Not really a request for help - more of a moan... *sigh* up to my nose in stressville these few months (work and other stuff), now one RCBO protected ring has tripped *twice* this morning. The one...
23
23

Honeywell Captive escaped!
Was taking a Honeywell motorised head off a zone valve and one of the captive screws wasnt really captive. D****d thing fell out down the bck of the HW cylinder and is gone forever. Does any one know...
2
2

Interesting broadband problem
Since it started raining over the past couple of weeks I have had very intermittent ADSL. For much of the time I get a connection for a minute or two, then lose it for a minute or two, and so forth....
17
17

Sikkens/Rubbol Paints.
I had a lot of exterior painting done by a professional company. I find that the Rubbol Satura has weathered very badly after 3 years, It is recommended for exterior hardwood and exterior joinery,...
3
3

Solid wood vs. engineered wood floors
Hi All, I know this topic has been fairly well covered in the past, but I'd be inte rested in an up-to-date round up of consensus from anyone who's been in thi s debate in recent times, as I am soon...
16
16