Subject Author Posted Replies

Stocking fillers
Around this time of year I am usually struggling to find some unusual small but at least faintly useful presents... One I have been impressed with is the GloTorch using a 3M DayGlo yellow...
9
9

Powerline adapters - any recommendations?
Check for one thing - a friend bought a dual band 2.4/5GHz router/AP, and it'll only do one or the other frequency, not both simultaneously. Feh. Not sure which model, I'm afraid. Cheers - Jaimie
47
47

Insulating a steel bath?
ok, fiddling about fitting, waste and feet etc. to a steel bath, pondered whether it would be worth insulating it - squirty foam? Though I'm thinking that with a big surface area on top, and an...
14
14

John Rumm on boilers
To quote you, "Note that if running the boiler from the genny you will probably need to make sure that earthing is correctly connected for the flame sensing to work properly. So basically set the...
18
18

Any washing machine engineers here?
Hi all Our Miele W460s wahing machine has developed quite a leak from the door and although the gasket looks to be undamaged I'm hoping a straight replacemnt will fix the issue. I've had a go at...
6
6

World hand drier
I hears of some scrotes who discovered that, if you stretched cling film across a sink with sensing taps, the surface movement was enough to keep the tap running indefinitely. Software clearly missing...
18
18

Dexion Speedframe.
That's the square section steel stuff where you hammer in corner pieces etc. Is it just normal square section steel tube - or specially made? It's just that it comes painted black and I want a...
7
7

OT Women
Crafty bastards aren't they? The gf phoned me earlier today to say "You know how nice as I was to you at the weekend when I came to stop at yours? Well that's because my fence had blown over - when...
20
20

more on helicopter crash.
That seems to be the "best guess" so far but hard to understand why an experienced pilot got confused in the first place. Tim
132
132

Drying soused joists (and dodgy plumbing photos)
A mate found some dampness in the house he's just bought. Over the weekend he heard hissing water, lifted the floorboards and found this: The white T on the blue pipe hadn't been tightened and was...
5
5

How much to clean a clock
?165 to clean a bracket clock? Is that pukka ?
16
16

Does the price sound about right?
Storm damage from last week: - 4 ridge tiles need replacing. - Tiles smashed against chimney stack causing render to need redoing - cracks everywhere (then landing on wife's car in the drive - but...
8
8

White fungus
A recently built wall has just started showing signs of the white fungus you sometimes see on old walls. I understand it's something to do with salts in the bricks but this has started in the mortar....
7
7

OT-ish: blocking sales calls on Virgin Landline
as before, (demented) Mother is plagued with these calls and I've had to hide her cheque book and anything else with her account numbers on, to stop her giving the details to these people. Registered...
46
46

15mm copper pipe cover 45 degrees
I know you can get plastic "pipe covers" for tidying up 15mm pipe entry int o plasterboard. Well, my radiator pipe needs to enter the plasterboard at 4 5 degrees due to lack of space for a right...
5
5