Subject Author Posted Replies

Cavity wall after 1983?
A cavity wall salesman stopped me in the street to ask if I knew if the houses were built after 1983, apparently they can't do it to modern brick builds? He didn't know any more about it, being a...
69
69

OT Buying lab alcohol
Do you need a licence to buy and store 80% alcohol for lab use? My daughter is struggling to find clear info NOT related to pubs etc. Tim
17
17

A real fixer-upper in 360 degrees
Needs some TLC, as they say. 360° panorama photo from by Pawel Rozenek. Cubitt & Walker Abandoned Water Mill. More amazing pictures on my website here:

when thieves fall out...
(love te use of 'europts' in the url :-)) Before the European Parliament election last month, voters were told the poll would also determine the next Commission president. In a silent putsch against...

zeus virus
Oh dear demand youyr cash and destroy your machine if you dont pay up. WINDOWS ONLY. Thanks Bill. The Justice Department dismantles a network used by cyber-criminals.
1
1

Router - the puter type
I need a new router. There are 2 types, and I dont know the name of the ver sion I need.... AIUI some do address translation & some dont, and I need an 8 way one that does. If I plug the wrong sort in...
14
14

Relaying block pavers
I am going to lay block pavers over the front garden and I need to relay the existing drive with a new pattern. Can I simply lift the blocks then relay with the new pattern on the existing drive or do...
10
10

O/T: Gridwatch in Chrome.
When I look at Gridwatch via Chrome (Win 8.1 64 bit, Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m) it asks me if I would like to automatically translate the page from Indonesian. Anyone else experience this? Just...
11
11

Hippobag - update.
16
16

Replacing pull cord on rotary mower.
Mountfield HP470. The reel for the cord is riveted in position so is not easily removable and I can't see how to replace the cord. Any ideas? mark
7
7

Any reccomendations for news group servers
Any recommendations for free text only news group servers which allow posting, as Zen are closing their service in a few months. Alternatively are these groups available via a different route, or are...
62
62

Solar light - for during the day time!
Hi chaps, i need a light in the chicken coop on from dawn till the auto pop hole opens, so the chickens get as much light as possible. The reason the pop hole doesn't open to let them out at dawn is...
14
14

Not what I was looking for!
I was trying to find Buicks - the DIY store. A term describing a blow job in which both the penis and testicles are enveloped in the giver's mouth. They take the whole buick: wheels, chassis and all.
64
64

Builtin recirculating cooker hood with downward exhaust?
Does anyone make one? Checking the final kitchen plans. Current theory is to box in over the cooker between the side cupboards. However, cooker hood must be a recirculating type: 2 reasons - solid...
14
14

one-piece shower wall panels
Tired of leak after leak am about to strip out shower tray, repair what rot I find underneath, remove door, mixer and tiles from 3 walls of cubicle and refit all. I have seen one piece wall panels of...
3
3