O/T: Gridwatch in Chrome.

When I look at Gridwatch via Chrome (Win 8.1 64 bit, Chrome Version

35.0.1916.114 m) it asks me if I would like to automatically translate the page from Indonesian. Anyone else experience this?

Just curious. Cheers.

Reply to
David Paste

Same here - Win7/64 Chrome 35.0.1916.114 m.

Doesn't do it on Firefox 29.01.

Reply to
The Other John

Not doing it for me -

Version 31.0.1650.63 Built on Ubuntu 13.04, running on LinuxMint 15

Reply to
Tim Watts

Well it wouldn't, Firefox doesn't do automatic translation.

It's a bug in Chrome's language detection. Did you use the "Not in Indonesian? Report this error." option?

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

I could probably fix that by sticking a 'lang=en' in somewhere

Presumably chrome defaults in the absence of certain knowledge to indonesian..

Ok i've applied the necessary google shut up and LISTEN to it..

try now

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

More likely it uses a statistical language detector and by chance the page has some feature which makes it look like Indonesian - perhaps "GW" is a common Indonesian word :-)

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

It's fine now, cheers.

Reply to
The Other John

No problem here Chrome 35.0.1916.114 Xubuntu 14.4

Reply to
djc

Reply to
David Paste

In message , David Paste writes

Being nosey, I was tempted to have a look at Gridwatch, and I see that wind is presently supplying a massive 0.87% of our needs.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

that good huh?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They way I see it is that various talking-heads in the media are enthusiastic for wind and solar, but have a difficult time reconciling the performance of the two methods compared to 'traditional' methods. It is quite clear that they do not understand the crucial difference between being able to TAKE ADVANTAGE of something, and being able to DEPEND on something.

Then of course, there's other issues, like the amount of land needed, etc.

The media have a vested interest in NOT clearing up any issues, because then they wouldn't have material to fill column inches. It's a dirty trick, basically obfuscation - for the cause of divide-and-conquer of the public's understanding of things - to support their business.

Just my opinion, of course.

Reply to
David Paste