Subject Author Posted Replies

Masking tape top tip
I hate removing masking tape. You get paint all over your hands and when you try & put the tape in a plastic sack, it sticks to the sack & clogs the opening. Simple solution; piece of cardboard,...
20
20

Log splitters
Anyone have / recommend an electric / hydraulic jobbie? I have the traditional splitting mall, but some of the logs I have seem beyond it, even with my rather too significant bulk behind it! (that and...
13
13

Well, that was interesting ... NOT!
Well, Openreach's consumers are the service providers, so they don't need to contact the end users according to their business model. In a similar way, Network Rail don't contact the passengers...
55
55

Security gone... a bit OTT
Talk about making life harder! NT http://www.hakonemaruyama.co.jp/product/h7206.htm Japanese puzzle box 72steps with secret compartment Koyosegi
6
6

Make sure you update linux and ios!
En el artículo , Andy Burns escribió: I saw a couple of reports that BusyBox may be vulnerable, but on my Netgear router: BusyBox v1.01 (2008.11.28-10:31+0000) Built-in shell (ash) Enter 'help' for...
103
103

Shower oddity
Very low water flow on a previously fine shower, down to maybe 1/5th previous flow. Temp is fine, but only with the shower temp control set to hottest possible position. Flow doesnt increase when temp...
10
10

lid phone camera lens thingy
Lidl have this coming up:- SILVERCREST Smartphone Camera Lens Set £9.99* Per Set Provides up to 8x optical zoom delivering crystal clear images from great d istances Set contains a protective phone...
2
2

Adding a generator to house supply.
Greetings one and all. I am an occasional lurker and thought it might be good to get opinions. As I was adjusting my foil hat t'other day I had a whatif moment. You know the sort of thing, Zombie...
33
33

Where to get a bath drain/plug-hole washer?
Maybe more of a "what's it actually called" sort of question. I need to replace the washer that seals the plug-hole of our bath. The old one started dribbling water out when the bath empties and, on...
2
2

Honeywell Ball & O ring kit for Motorised valve
One of the motorized zone valves Honeywell V4043H in my central heating system have failed. I have confirmed that if I use a new power head, the valve still does not close when no power is applied....
1
1

Wickes mortar
I'm assuming this isn't just sand and cement! If it's another of the lightweight tub products, it's going to be mighty useful for outdoor work. You can usually get an inch of those on to a vertical...
5
5

OT For gardeners
My Virtual Garden: Mosaiculture Exhibition
4
4

Oops! bendy iPhones
Surely it's fairly obvious that if you make a super slim phone case out of aluminium and THEN punch a hole in it at a potentially highly stressed point, it's gonna bend? I presume the next iphone will...
16
16

15 x 15mm angled isolator valve with handle.
Hello all. I'm searching for a compression 15 x 15mm angled isolator valve with handle operation. Can't find such a beast. Can find straights & tee's but these won't do the job. Can find the right...
1
1

inventor needed
We have arrived at the time of year for Autumn fertilising the lawn. Out comes the trusty wheeled spreader and the digital scale to calibrate the flow rate. All well and off to the grass which I had...
33
33